Thread: RSSI level

Default RSSI level

Ver 1.0.7.0129
    The RSSI level canīt show higher signal level then -50 dBm.
    In previous ver 1.0.6 it was ok with signal level up to -35 dBm for station close to Inssider.

Default We had some problems with

We had some problems with the original RSSI values, so we now calculate the RSSI value based on signal strength, where 100% corresponds to -50dBm and 0% corresponds to -100dBm. We will continue to research the RSSI errors with the original Native WiFi API.

Default I'm using version

I'm using version 1.0.7.0129... Can't go higher than -50 RSSI? No problem:
    [img_assist|nid=616|title=Forty dBm RSSI level|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=450|height= 395]

Default And one more comment: -90

And one more comment: -90 dBm is rather unrealistic. That would require a really good low-noise amplifier to catch a signal that low a level. I understand why you use the term "RSSI", it's because you have nothing to base the Signal Strength value on.

Default FYI Ver

FYI

Ver 1.1.1.0223

Windows 7 Built 7022

All RSSI levels show*mostly 50 here, with a few drop-outs...

Also falsely showing WAPs jumping around channels.

Works fine on XP Pro...

Default I'm seeing signal values

I'm seeing signal values of* +160 - not negative 160, positive 160. These are not from my own access point.

This seems to continually happen on channel 6 only and on two different ssid's "NETGEAR" and "HOME".* There are multiple defaults around me (netgear, linksys, etc.)* The one popping up to +160 is not all that strong normally.*

Here's some of the data:

macColumn*ssidColumn*channelColumn*signalColumn*se curityColumn*typeColumn*speedColumn

00:40:10:20:00:03**XYZQ1*** ** 2** -77* WEP** Access Point* 54

00:22:3f:7f:c5:32** NETGEAR*11* -82* None* Access Point* 36

00:1b:2f:66:48:86* NETGEAR** 6*160* None* Access Point* 36*

Thoughts?* I'm using an Intel Pro/Wireless 3945ABG card.* I have Cisco's Secure Services Client running at the same time but I am not connected to an 802.1x authenticated system just a simple WEP network.

I have also seen this happen on another SSID called "home" on the same channel. I have not seen both of them do this at the same time.