Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PIR Motion Detector interference

Question

Hi, I have some problems with interference at a site. After reading this and some other threads I think that the interference I get is from some PIR motion detectors at the site.

I'll attach the recording so you can take a look at it. When I did the recording I turned off all the ap's on the site.

When I did the recording I was walking around in the building. At 17:08 I mess around with some microwave and later some wlan filetransfer and bluetooth so you don't need to bother with that part.

At some parts in the capture I have the antenna right next to the motion detector. This parts is around 16:33, 16:37, 16:39, 16:41, 16:48, 16:57 and 17:04

I have spoken with the facility staff at the site and they are looking into turning the sensors off so that I can confim that they are the source of interference. But it would be nice if someone else also can share their opinion.

Also some of the sensors looks to be newer and I guess they are sending on another frequencie. I don't get any reading on them in Chanalyzer.

Seems like the file is to big for attachment. Should I maybe e-mail it ?
    Last edited by Christoffer; 09-21-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Attached PIR capture

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIR.png 
Views:	251 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PIR2.png 
Views:	312 
Size:	245.9 KB 
ID:	514

This is a great capture! Those look pretty nasty. It looks like you confirmed whatever was transmitting at 16:49 and 30 seconds. It looks like the antennas were practically touching. I've attached two images. Also that bluetooth file transfer looks pretty good too. Nice work!

Yes at 16:49 the antenna was touching the sensor. The other peaks at the times I wrote in my last post I was like 2-4 inches away. These parts is a bit extreme but I wanted to check if it would generate a diffrent output when I was really close.
    Hopefully the facility staff can turn the devices off so that I can confirm this.

The bluetooth part is made with a mobile phone scanning for devices.

4. Default

These active ingredients are still using microwave radio, but at a higher frequency of operation. The frequency used in these sensors is called the K-band in the 24GHz range and X-band detector of about 10 GHz operating business units.
    Last edited by Tyler; 04-23-2012 at 09:31 AM.

Anyone knows if a PIR intrusion detection device can be set so that it can detect the radio signal of other PIR sensors and thus act as a scanner/detector for other PIR devices ?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123