Thread: Regarding the footprint (Signatures) of b g and n access points

Default Regarding the footprint (Signatures) of b g and n access points

I seems that i get the same signature (footprint for 802.11b networks) no matter what. To test it out, I configured an access point only to run 802.11n as radio and I still keep getting the signature for an 802.11b.

Any suggestions or answers to my question?

2. Default When the network is only

When the network is only lightly used, most of the packets are beacons, which still are going to have the RF signature of 11b.* When a large amount of data is moving accross the network, you should see the squared-off signature of a 11g.* I don't think you'll be able to see any difference in the RF signature between 11g and 11n, unless you are using channel bonding on your 11n WAP.

3. Default Here is a short video that

Here is a short video that might visually explain what Brian was saying.

<object width="500" height="333"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4133572&server=vimeo .com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&am p;amp;show_portrait=0&color=ffffff&amp ;fullscreen=1" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=4133572&server=vimeo .com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&am p;amp;show_portrait=0&color=ffffff&amp ;fullscreen=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="500" height="333"></embed></object>
    802.11g to 802.11b from trent on Vimeo.

Here is the recording I used: 802.11g to 802.11b

Default I thank you for a swift

I thank you for a swift answer and video showcase, I clearly see what is meant:-)

5. Default No problem, thank you for

No problem, thank you for choosing Wi-Spy!