Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will Wi-Spy Do The Job - and Which Wi-Spy?

1. Default Hi, sorry for arriving late

Hi, sorry for arriving late to the conversation. This post slipped past my radar. If you're looking to have a lower sweep time, you need to increase the step size.* If you're looking to get it to 0.17, then you'll need a step size around 300KHz.* Changing that number will reduce the un-editable sweep time.

Default Thank you

OK, thanks. I didn't realise the field was derived rather than directly edited

Default Trent was Wrong - Wi-Spy Can Detect REIN

Hi Trent,

I almost hesitate to post this, but you were wrong about the Wi-Spy 2.4i's ability to pick up REIN.

I just happened to have mine running at a time I knew REIN was likely to hit my broadband connection. The router, PC and all the peripherals are on filtered and conditioned power, so the only physical pathway for REIN is over the telephone line ADSL connection.

The attached file shows the annotated output from the Wi-Spy and pretty spectacular the trace is - a wide swathe of interference across the whole of the 2.4GHz band and a suggestion that it is more intense in the lower frequencies.

All I need to do now (and I suspect it won't be easy) is to find a way of filtering this signal off the phone line!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4114554629_40ce16361a_m.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	28.8 KB 
ID:	15  

Did you get an solution to the problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12