Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: inSSIDer 1.2.3.1014 released 10/20

1. Default inSSIDer 1.2.3.1014 released 10/20

Hi everyone. We posted a new release of inSSIDer today. There aren't really any new features, but it resolves all the bugs that we were aware of that caused the application to crash. GPS support should be more stable. KML export is simplified and should be more stable. Some UI glitches have been cleaned up. The application now runs natively on 64-bit Windows.

Thanks to everyone who contributed fixes or features to this release, and to everyone who took the time to submit an error report when the application crashed.
    Last edited by brian; 10-20-2009 at 10:46 PM. Reason: insert link to download

Question Speed

What means 11 in the speed-field? Previous release said 54 in this field.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ssemoa View Post
    What means 11 in the speed-field? Previous release said 54 in this field.
    Can you set your access point to "G only mode" and tell me if the speed changes? Thank you.

Question Still getting the old version?

Hmmm I keep getting the old installer when I try to d'load. Running an md5 hashcode on the old and newly downloaded installers shows no difference. I have comnpletly uninstalled/reinstalled and it tells me there is an update available.

Says I have 1.2.2.0918 installed and 1.2.3.1014 is available.

Jay

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Can you set your access point to "G only mode" and tell me if the speed changes? Thank you.
    Changed nothing, 11 is indicated
    Last edited by ssemoa; 10-21-2009 at 01:55 PM.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JayB View Post
    Hmmm I keep getting the old installer when I try to d'load. Running an md5 hashcode on the old and newly downloaded installers shows no difference. I have comnpletly uninstalled/reinstalled and it tells me there is an update available.

Jay
    Hi Jay, were you downloading from download.com? We're waiting for their review process before the latest version of inSSIDer gets posted. Will you try this Download Link? (Link Removed)
    Last edited by chiefgeek; 09-29-2010 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Download URL is no longer valid

7. Default

Jay
    Hi. What URL are you downloading from? I just checked http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/download and it is the latest (1.2.3.1014).

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    Hi. What URL are you downloading from? I just checked http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/download and it is the latest (1.2.3.1014).
    I selected the option to upgrade on the upgrade dialog box. It took me to
    http://www.metageek.net/products/ins...heckUpdateForm

The download button there took me to http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/download

Still got the same old file until I flushed my browser cache... weirdest thing I ever saw on Firefox. In any event I have the newest version now... and it's still crashing on XP when starting to scan. The error signature is as follows.

AppName: inssider.exe AppVer: 1.2.3.1014 AppStamp:4adde750
    ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 ModStamp:49c4f482
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012afb

I couldn't copy the full error.

The nick reports as being an Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller.

Thanks

Talking

Still got the same old file until I flushed my browser cache... weirdest thing I ever saw on Firefox. In any event I have the newest version now... and it's still crashing on XP when starting to scan. The error signature is as follows.

AppName: inssider.exe AppVer: 1.2.3.1014 AppStamp:4adde750
    ModName: kernel32.dll ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 ModStamp:49c4f482
    fDebug: 0 Offset: 00012afb

I couldn't copy the full error.

The nick reports as being an Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller.

Thanks
    Sucess! Cool product!

I switched the nic over to a pseudo-device that my VPN software generated. (AzureWave Wireless Network Adapter - SecuRemote Miniport) I didn't select it the first time because I'm not even running the VPN now.

Thanks again

I just wanted to report that this new version fixed my problem reported here: "Start scanning = crash" (the other topic is locked because of the forum update)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast