Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wi Spy Vista Win7

Default Wi Spy Vista Win7

my wispy under windows 7 is recognized as a usb input device. (just like a keyboard)
    Where do I get Vista or windows 7 drivers?

The Wi-Spy doesn't use any special drivers, It uses built-in OS HID drivers(Like mice and Keyboard)
    Getting detected as an HID device is normal.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by windoof View Post
    my wispy under windows 7 is recognized as a usb input device. (just like a keyboard)
    Where do I get Vista or windows 7 drivers?
    Is it currently not working under Windows 7?

it currently not working under Windows 7 x86!

5. Default

Which Wi-Spy are you using?

Trent,
    I also can't make it work under Windows7. Just got my Wi-Spy 2.4i in the mail (Yay!) and it works great under my XP Pro machine, but my shiny new Win7 machine acts like I never plugged it into the USB port. I've tried running ChanalyzerLite in XP compatibility mode, but that doesn't change anything either. Is there some magic required to get Win7 to recognize the USB Wi-Spy device?

Default USB port?

Have you tried plugging it into a different USB port?

Default Ummm...

Yes, Trent, I tried a different USB port, and I rebooted and all the other normal support-advice tricks :-)

(I'm a network engineer and programmer, like, I suspect, most of your customers, and we'll try the basic stuff reflexively - I know you have to ask, but I'm just saying...) :-)

Question

Um, I'm not Trent.
    Anyway, so, with device manager open, you plug it in and nothing happens whatsoever?

I have 2 Win7 machines(one 64Bit and the other 32Bit) and mine works on both of them.

10. Default

Go into control panel, adjust window behavior settings and allow the .net extensions. This worked from a customer that reported similar problems.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast