Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GPS Compatibility

Default copied from wirelessmon forums

Quote Originally Posted by TimR View Post
    You should be able to use your GPS providing it uses the NMEA messages GPGGA or GPRMC. It should be outlined in the documentation for your GPS whether it is NMEA compatible or not. You will need to enter the correct serial setting for your GPS into WirelessMon (baud rate, stop bits etc) and the COM port that it is connected on, again these setting should be outlined in the GPS documentation.
    Anybody know what these settings are for the microsoft navation USB GPS are?

I get the "waiting for data" then "GPS: not detected on com4"
    Last edited by casemods; 05-10-2010 at 04:20 PM.

Default Pharos GPS-500

The Pharos GPS-500 dongle that came with Microsoft Streets and Trips works just fine.

OK the navation GPS 168 USB dongle works 100%

I had to get this program called "XPort" by "CuriousTech" to emulate the com port correctly (drivers for the GPS didn't help)

So go ahead and ad to the list

P.S. it's the one that comes with Micrsoft streets and trips 2010

my holux gr-213 works perfectly.

I was able to use InSSIDer with the QStarz BT-Q1000XT via USB on Windows XP. The drivers map it to a COM port (which can be found looking in the Windows Hardware panel - in my case, COM13). I had to set the baud rate to 115200 but had no issues after that. I have no reason to believe the other QStarz models would not work the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by StickyC View Post
    I was able to use InSSIDer with the QStarz BT-Q1000XT via USB on Windows XP. The drivers map it to a COM port (which can be found looking in the Windows Hardware panel - in my case, COM13). I had to set the baud rate to 115200 but had no issues after that. I have no reason to believe the other QStarz models would not work the same way.
    I tried to connect the Qstarz BT-1000P via USB under Window 7. I was able to change the COM port baud rate in Windows to 115200 (which is the only possible value allowed by this GPS receiver). Now there is the problem, that the GPS configuration dialog of inSSIDer allows only values until 38400. How can this value be alligned with the required COM port setting?

Regards
    Claus
    Last edited by Claus33; 11-04-2010 at 06:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claus33 View Post
    I tried to connect the Qstarz BT-1000P via USB under Window 7. I was able to change the COM port baud rate in Windows to 115200 (which is the only possible value allowed by this GPS receiver). Now there is the problem, that the GPS configuration dialog of inSSIDer allows only values until 38400. How can this value be alligned with the required COM port setting?

Regards
    Claus
    Shoot, it's been a while, I don't remember running into any troubles with setting the COM port stuff in inSSIDer itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Claus33 View Post

Regards
    Claus
    In the next update of inSSIDer 2, the baud rate limit will be 128,000 baud. This should be enough for any GPS device.

Hello,

i have some problems with the GPS in inSSIDer 2.0.4.1015. My GPS device is a NaviLock NL-302U, com port 2 and 4800baud. If I start inSSIDer and start GPS then the status is "waiting for data". In other programs i haveno problems with this GPS device.

thank you for your help.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123