Thread: New install keeps crashing

Default New install keeps crashing

Hello there. I am a brand new user of Chanalyzer 3.4, and I seem to have an issue where when I attempt to change channels, the program crashes. If I launch the program, and just select one of the 5GHZ channels, it works. In fact if I do this, and THEN select 2.4 1-11, it works. If I just launch the program, and then select 2.4 channel one, it crashes. Here is my hardware
    Dell Latitude D820 nvidea graphics drivers and dell wireless manager loaded
    Windows XP all service packs and updates for everything.
    winpcap is installed on the machine. I installed Windows XP fresh specifically to be used with Chanalyzer The interesting thing is that it did work at first, (loved it) and seemed to break with a service pack or the addition of one of the dell drivers. Any help would be appreciated.

Update - If I select any single channel in 5GHZ it crashes as well. seems like a problem with selecting any one channel
    Update 2 - I installed recon on the laptop, and Chanalyzer on a second laptop. The second laptop crashes the exact same way! plugged the wispy into the second laptop and it crashes the same way as well! I am starting to see a trend here. Seems like it JUST CRASHES.

ErrorDescriptionMessage[Description]

[Message]
    Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

[Version]

[WinVer]
    Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindo wProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Messa ge& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
    Last edited by fdarden; 05-29-2010 at 05:57 AM.

Same issues with my PC .....

HP 6930
    Intel Core 2 duo CPU P8400@2,26Ghz
    2,90 GB of RAM

ErrorDescriptionMessage[Description]

[Message]
    Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

[Version]

[WinVer]
    Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CallWindo wProc(IntPtr wndProc, IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DefWndProc(Messa ge& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.DefWndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Regards
    // Peeter

Default Me Too

Add me to the "ME TOO" list. Same thing when I try to change the channel settings. I tried 4 times and the problem is consistent.

Well I'll be. It seems too many people are experiencing these errors, huh?

*add me too, at "me too" list*

5. Default

From the way it looks the developers are just going to release Chanalyzer 4 and not fix this issue.

I am emailing each of you a link to revert back to the older chanalyzer which doesn't seem to have this issue.

I'm on the "me too" list as well. Only, I'm getting the same exact error on the latest version of Inssider (Win Vista). I'm posting this message here in case there's a common problem between both programs.