Thread: Error CLR20r3 with Chanalyzer Lite

Default Error CLR20r3 with Chanalyzer Lite

Hi!

Last week I purchased Wi-Spy 2.4i and downloaded Chanalyzer Lite. Version 1.1.1.0925

I plugged in Wi-Spy and ran Chanalyzer Lite at home on two different laptops:

Windows 7 Ultimate Edition on Lenovo 200x tablet
    Windows XP, SP3 on Toshiba Satellite P100

After 1 - 10 seconds the program always crashes.

I took the Windows 7 laptop out of town and ran at a friend's house - it worked just fine! No crashes at all.

The error messages I get at home are:

Windows 7 - "Chanalyzer Lite has stopped working." .... "Check online for a solution and close the program" or "Close the program". Whichever I do closes the program instantly.

XP - "Chanalyzer Lite has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" .... "Send Error Report" or "Don't Send". As long as I don't click on either option the program does continue running! I can select different views, etc. Once I click on Send or Don't Send the program stops.

My setup is a 2Wire 2701HG-B gateway. AT&T DSL.
    At my friend's house the setup is a brand new, just installed Linksys E3000 router. Comcast cable.

Windows 7 - I am able to see the problem details which are:

>>>
    Description:
    Stopped working

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: chanalyzer.lite.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 2009.9.25.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4ac133e0
    Problem Signature 04: ManagedWifi
    Problem Signature 05: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4a9849d5
    Problem Signature 07: 4
    Problem Signature 08: bf
    Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 1033
    <<<

XP - A very long error report is created but I am unable to copy it so I can't list it here.

(Note: I saw another thread somewhere on this site with error CLR20r3, but that was related to 3-D View not working. 3-D is fine, not a problem for me.)

Whoa!!! I just ran Chanalyzer Lite without Wi-Spy plugged in and the same error happened. Tried it on both my machines, same error.

Why would this program run elsewhere and crash at home? Especially when that happens without Wi-Spy plugged in? And how can I get it to run correctly at home?

Thanks in advance for your help. I love what I see when it is working!

Vivian

2. Default

I think it might have something to do with your wireless card. So at a friends house you probably weren't connected to the Wi-Fi, and you were at home.

There are some intel cards that don't play nice with inSSIDer and Chanalyzer. Generally if it uses the windows utility to connect to access points it is fine. If you're using the vendor's software, it can cause issues.

I'm not sure this is the issue, but if you can start it up, turn off the Wi-Fi, close Chanalyzer, and then start it up again. I think we might not have these issues.

Hi Trent,

Thanks for your reply. Followed your suggestion about using Chanalyzer without the WiFi turned on. I have been playing around with WiFi on and off with Chanalyzer Lite.

I am seeing different situations when it runs and when it stops running. Some inconsistencies. But it is late and my mind is very fuzzy. I'll go over this again with a fresh mind and let you know what I see.

Thanks again,
    Vivian

Hi Trent,

A good night's sleep helps me to think clearly. I was seeing inconsistencies last night because I was not taking into account the "Select a WiFi Radio" - "start/stop" switch in Chanalyzer Lite.

Everything works pretty much as you suggested. With WiFi OFF Chanalyzer runs with no problems on both computers. With the laptops' WiFi switches still set OFF, different errors occur on both computers when "Select a WiFi Radio" / "Start" is chosen. But Chanalyzer continues to run behind the error messages.

The laptop WiFi ON condition on the XP machine puzzles me. Chanalyzer runs, with no errors, whether "Select a WiFi Radio" / "Start" is chosen or not. Why would there be this different behavior? All the external conditions are the same...at home, wireless AP on.

Here is a breakdown of what happens:

Using Windows connection settings utility for both adapters.

I Windows 7 Ultimate, Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN

WiFi OFF (Laptop switch)
    No WiFi radio selected/started in Chanalyzer Lite:
    Chanalyzer Lite runs fine.
    WiFi radio selected, "Start" pushed
    "Unable to access the radio" error
    Chanalyzer keeps running
    WiFi ON (Laptop switch)
    "CLR20r3" error. Must stop Chanalyzer lite.

II Windows XP SP3, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG

WiFi OFF (Laptop switch)
    "CLR20r3" error. Chanalyzer Lite continues to
    run till I click on "Send"/"Don't Send" error
    report.
    WiFi ON (Laptop switch)

Bottom line, I can now use WiSpy 2.4i and Chanalyzer Lite. I don't have any real problems. Just curiosity about the different behaviors.

Thank you for your help.

Vivian

5. Default

This is because the intel Proset wireless software doesn't play nice with the WZC. I heard the latest software is better, so if you can update the software please do, and report back to us.

I believe this was a reported issue with inSSIDer, which was resolved, but Chanalyzer Lite has not seen the update yet.