Thread: Help Decipher Signal

Question Help Decipher Signal

Hey Guys,
    I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me identify the signal I am seeing coming from a rural water tower? It seems to be fairly scattered evenly across the 902-928 MHz range. However, I did see some shorter term activity at 923.3-927.1 MHz for the range of (0-5mins ) in the beginning of the recording.

I have attached thumbnails of the entire chanalyzer recording image, but I was only able to upload the first 16mins of a 60min wsr file. (file size limits) There is some Alvarion 5.8 BreezeAccessVL equipment being used at the water tower, but I don't know about 900MHz alvarion.

Does anyone have examples of Alvarion signals analysis and what is might look like? Either 5 GHz, 2.4 GHz or 900Mhz? From what I have seen, the 5.7GHz signals almost look like 802.11a signatures. They seem a little short of channel size tho and they are not positioned/centered on 802.11 channels. (A 5GHz thumbnail is also attached of a signal from the same water tower).

The spikes here are on a fairly regular basis and might possibly be utility info, but I would like people's feedback.

Thanks much!
    Oxygen
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	902-928 MHz High Res BW Image.jpg 
Views:	422 
Size:	49.6 KB 
ID:	169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	902-928 MHz Low Res BW Image.jpg 
Views:	366 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	902-928 MHz - Unknown @ (923-927) 0-5min.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5 GHz signal on Water Tower - zoomed in.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	173  
    Attached Files Attached Files

The 5 GHz signal definitely looks like an OFDM something. But you are right, it's not centerd on a WLAN channel. Though it is close to CH 149.

I want to share ayou tube link based on this . Check this out Deciphering the Signal.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_nBn2XSwEo

result it