Thread: Startup Error

Default Startup Error

Hi Guys, when I start up Chanalyer4 I get the following error..

"error initializing wlan Client:The Service has not been started. Wifi data will not be displayed"

i'm using an intelpro wireless card and application to deal with my wifi connections and do not wish to revert back to the built in xp program.

Any ideas?

Default Same issue here

I have the same problem w/Ch4. Only difference, I am using an Intel PROSet.

Right now, Ch4 is useless so I have reinstalled Ch3.

3. Default

Please run this utility from microsoft:

Revert back to WZC

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Please run this utility from microsoft:

Revert back to WZC
    Hi Trent, I do not wish to disable my intel wifi app?

5. Default

We use the WZC to access data for Chanalyzer 4. However Chanalyzer and Wi-Spy will function fine without the additional Wi-Fi. Just click stop in the top right.

Hi Trent,

Without wanting to sound rude, you seem to be trying to step around the question. I would much rather you say Chanalyzer 4 currently only operates with WZC rather than telling people to blindly disable their existing wifi setup even after them telling you this is NOT what they wish to do.

I'm happy to use version 3. It's not a problem.

What I don't appreciate are tech support guys not being up front. Version 3 works perfectly with the intel setup, therefore this is clearly some coding in version 4 that needs attention. As a company we spend 's on tools to aid our day to day business. Honest, upfront support from the manufacturers is vital for us.

Paolo

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by PaoloPanella View Post
    Hi Trent,

Without wanting to sound rude, you seem to be trying to step around the question. I would much rather you say Chanalyzer 4 currently only operates with WZC rather than telling people to blindly disable their existing wifi setup even after them telling you this is NOT what they wish to do.

I'm happy to use version 3. It's not a problem.

What I don't appreciate are tech support guys not being up front. Version 3 works perfectly with the intel setup, therefore this is clearly some coding in version 4 that needs attention. As a company we spend 's on tools to aid our day to day business. Honest, upfront support from the manufacturers is vital for us.

Paolo
    Sorry Paolo,

My original response was meant for AJChwick. Chanalyzer 4 only works with the windows utility. For those who prefer Chanalyzer 3, this is why we have left it up for those of you to use.

I know I am a little late in the game for this but I had the same error however I was able to fix it by simply manually starting the Windows Wireless Zero Configuration service. Doing so will not disable your Intel Proset utility therefore you will not get kicked off any wireless networks you have setup.
    Last edited by mlwhite; 08-11-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Paolo,
    We made some changes in accessing WZC in Chanalyzer 4 to try to fix some stability issues with Wi-Fi data in Chanalyzer 3 across all the multiple versions of Windows that are being used. If Chanalyzer 3 works fine for you and Chanalyzer 4 doesn't (regarding accessing Wi-Fi data) is your Windows XP 32-bit or 64-bit? What service pack do you have? Thanks!

Ryan