Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Download inSSIDer 2.0 Beta 1

The next release will use Lucida Console. That's the only other font I can change it to.

Just downloaded 1.9.5.0915. MAC address much easier to read and the vendor now shows correctly as TP-Link for my AP so thanks for those.

Bonded channels are still wrong though, showing 11+6 instead of 11+7. Also, I hope you will make those sparklines embedded in the RSSI column optional. It just looks wrong there and I think the scale is too compressed to tell you anything useful anyway.

Nice to see you're still hammering away at the keyboard though.

Using 2.0.0.0929 x64, and with my Dell M6400 with Intel WiFi Link 5300 AGN (Vista.... SP2 x64 Ultimate....), I intermittently get a few stations showing an RSSI of zero, which raises their signal in the chart to the very top of the graph. (Beyond the top, actually.)

I presume that actually an RSSI of zero is an exception, basically meaning it discerned no signal from the relevant station in the more recent time interval. Normally these stations will report in the -80 range (sometimes -70s, sometimes -90s, but generally in the -80s), so I'm pretty sure they're not super-strength stations.

Maybe inSSIDer should handle 0's as exceptions, too.

With 2.0.0.0929 x32, the MAC address is now readable. The slow time graph update and the necessity to switch to WZC remain. Neither was a problem in 1.2.8.0331.

Brian

Brian,

I looked at your yogurt Yagi. Am I to understand that even though there is no physical/electrical connection, between the 2 pieces of 14 AWG and the existing Netgear antenna, that you are still able to acheive the posted results?

Of course. The effect was first exploited in Japan in the 1920s. It's been used in countless TV and radio antennas ever since.

Contact me at the e-mail address on my web page for more. Let's leave this space for inSSIDer beta stuff.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by k6sti View Post
    With 2.0.0.0929 x32, the MAC address is now readable. The slow time graph update and the necessity to switch to WZC remain. Neither was a problem in 1.2.8.0331.

Brian
    We have figured out the 4 second scan interval problem. It turns out that the NDIS(Windows XP) scanning doesn't report when it's finished scanning and ready to supply information. In the scanning loop, we have some wait handles that wait for the scan complete signal, and times out after 3 seconds of not getting the signal. I also had scan speed control in the loop that makes it wait an extra second, thus making a 4 second scan speed on Windows XP. We are working on removing the need for WZC on XP and speeding up scanning.

Thanks, Tyler. I regard these mostly as annoyances, not real problems.

I noticed one cosmetic item in 2.0. I let the time graph go for several minutes, but it never quite reached the vertical axis on the left side. Perhaps the final point isn't plotted.

Brian

Yeah, I noticed that too, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it

Also, have you tried the debug version I posted here?: http://www.metageek.net/forums/showt...3666#post13666

Didn't see that thread. The debug version works fine. Time graph updates are no longer slow and I didn't have to switch to WZC first.

Brian

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast