Thread: Crashes when trying to open wsx files

Default Crashes when trying to open wsx files

I have 2 computers with channelizer 4 installed on them, a laptop with Vista(x86) and a desktop with win7(x64).
    the desktop does not have a wireless nic, so all wireless-related processes and services are disabled

on the laptop, i can use channelizer 4 just fine with my wi-spy 2.4x, the problem is on the desktop. On the desktop, the program will open fine (after warning me that it can't find WZC), and it records data from the 2.4x fine, but when I try and open a saved .wsx file (created with either the desktop or the laptop), the program immediately crashes and I get the following error report:

[Message]
    Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

[Version]

[WinVer]
    Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MetaGeek.Controller.NetworkController.StopScan()
    at MetaGeek.View.NetworkInterfaceSelectorToolstrip.St op()
    at ChanUltraLight.MainForm.LoadDatabaseConfigId(Int32 configId)
    at ChanUltraLight.MainForm.OpenDatabase(String filename, Boolean savePathToRecentFiles)
    at ChanUltraLight.MainForm.OpenToolStripMenuItem_Clic k(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Obje ct key, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(Eve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(Eve ntArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventIntera ctive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(Event Args e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEven tArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(M ouseEventArgs mea)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Is this common on computers without a wireless nic? or is it something else entirely? Is there any way to solve this? any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: To clarify, the only reason I have installed the program on my desktop is to analyze the data collected elsewhere with my laptop, but using my nice, big desktop screens, instead of my tiny laptop one. So, I only bothered plugging in the 2.4x on the desktop to test the program after experiencing the crashes
    Last edited by right; 09-21-2010 at 02:44 PM.

2. Default

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue to us. Our developers are aware of this issue, and we're hoping to have an updated version of Chanalyzer 4 next week which will include the fix for this error.