Thread: inSSIDER 2.0 issues

Default inSSIDER 2.0 issues

I upgraded from v1.2.8 and to my surprise I am not happy with the following issues:

- the black background I find lacking, not to mention the font used to display the information
    - the desktop icon if removed is automatically removed from the Start Menu
    - if you uninstall the application leaving v1.2.8, the "update" option states there aren't any updates. it appears some components of v2.0 are left behind

What would be helpful is the following:

- the ability to have themes or at least keep v1.2.8 interface look and feel
    - fix the issue with removing the desktop icon which won't affect the Start Menu
    - creating a Meta Geek\inSSIDer 2.0 submenu for those who wish to keep v1.2.8
    - ability to use system fonts for displaying all the information

For the record, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 8 GB Ram and a 128GB SSD drive on a Dell Studio XPS laptop.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by wjones3 View Post
    I upgraded from v1.2.8 and to my surprise I am not happy with the following issues:

- the black background I find lacking, not to mention the font used to display the information
    - the desktop icon if removed is automatically removed from the Start Menu
    - if you uninstall the application leaving v1.2.8, the "update" option states there aren't any updates. it appears some components of v2.0 are left behind

What would be helpful is the following:

- the ability to have themes or at least keep v1.2.8 interface look and feel
    - fix the issue with removing the desktop icon which won't affect the Start Menu
    - creating a Meta Geek\inSSIDer 2.0 submenu for those who wish to keep v1.2.8
    - ability to use system fonts for displaying all the information

For the record, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit with 8 GB Ram and a 128GB SSD drive on a Dell Studio XPS laptop.
    I have created the tickets in GitHub, please vote for them

http://github.com/metageek-llc/inSSI...issues/issue/5
    http://github.com/metageek-llc/inSSI...issues#issue/7
    http://github.com/metageek-llc/inSSI...issues/issue/8

Default Response to tickets created by Trent

Per the attachment, I list the two main features that would be nice to add in inSSIDer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inSSIDer 2.png 
Views:	223 
Size:	148.1 KB 
ID:	245  

Thanks for the screenshot with description of the feature requests! We'll take a look at adding these features soon

Sounds great and thanks for the reply. I shall wait and see what you come up with......very exciting!

Seasons Greetings,

With the update to the application I would have thought one of my concerns would have been addressed.

Will there ever:

- be an option for themes
    - be an option to use system fonts
    - be a fix for the desktop icon issue

Please advise.

Quote Originally Posted by wjones3 View Post
    Will there ever:

- be an option for themes
    - be an option to use system fonts
    - be a fix for the desktop icon issue
    Probably, but it's not high on the to-do list. Also please realize how hard a theming system would be to implement, it's not a simple as it sounds.

Changing the font would be part of theming, so see above.

There isn't really an issue here, at least not one we can fix. I have tested deleting the icon off the desktop, and it left the icon in the start menu.