Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chanalyzer 4 crashing on startup

Default Chanalyzer 4 crashing on startup

Just received my WiSpy 2.4x in mail today and installed latest Chanalyzer 4 from website. 10 minutes after first starting to use it, it crashed. Now, it crashes within seconds on every single launch.

This occurs when WiFi-sniffing is turned on (i.e. when I select a WiFi network card and click start). This does not seem related to the WiSpy 2.4x hardware being plugged in or not.

I've already submitted some crash logs to Metageek (via Chanalyzer's crash dump popup dialogbox).

This is occurring on a Dell E6510, 8GB RAM, with Windows 7 64-bit installed. The WiFi card is an internal card called "DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half-Mini Card"

Here's the clipboard version of the crash:

** Please provide a brief description of what was happening immediately prior to this error **[Description]

[Message]
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.

[Version]

[WinVer]
    Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7600.0

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at ManagedWifi.IeParser.Parse(Byte[] ies)
    at ManagedWifi.WlanClient.WlanInterface.ConvertBssLis tPtr(IntPtr bssListPtr)
    at ManagedWifi.WlanClient.WlanInterface.GetNetworkBss List()
    at MetaGeek.Model.WiFi.NetworkScanner.GetNetworkData( )
    at MetaGeek.Model.WiFi.NetworkScanner.ReadData()
    at MetaGeek.Model.WiFi.NetworkScanner.ScanThreadFunc( )
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Are you, by chance, using a WLAN client other than WLAN Autoconfig? Maybe the Dell wireless manager?

Sorry to hear you are having problems. We have an update coming out soon that may address some of the issues you're having.

But it sounds like you might have another Wi-Fi utility running like the Dell connection manager or some other software that is accessing the Wireless NIC. Will you quit that and switch to the Windows Zero Config or Windows autoconfig and let me know if that works better? This is what Chanalyzer is compatible with.

-Trent

As far as I can tell, I'm not using any sort of Dell wireless manager or Dell connection manager. I appear to be using Windows Autoconfig. When I click on "Manage wireless networks", I see the normal Windows 7 UI for managing wireless networks.

I don't see any Dell branded UI for wireless networking other than the app "DW WLAN Card Utility" (this is an app that I never ran until today, it's command-line is C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe shell32.dll,,Control_RunDLL C:\Windows\system32\bcmwlcpl.CPL). When you close the app, it's process goes away. As for the Dell ControlPoint software, it doesn't have any wireless functionality that I can find, though it does show wired network status.

Just to be absolutely sure on the Windows Autoconfig is turned on, I referenced the section "Starting WLAN AutoConfig Service in Windows 7" at http://srikanthtips4u.blogspot.com/2...s-adapter.html. According to this, I already had it on.

Just following up: have any fixes been posted for this bug?

We recently released an updated version of Chanalyzer 4. Please download it and give it a try. Let us know if it's still having problems.

Default Latest version crashing

I just updated to 4.0.7.0125 on my desktop PC. I use my PC to playback the data files I collect with my laptop and the Wi-Spy 2.4x.

Chanalyzer 4 crashes after a few seconds when playback starts. The RF window shows a white box with a red X across it. I do not have the Wi-Spy connected or any WiFi client card on my PC.

I was able to playback fine on the previous version.

Here is the error I get:

** Please provide a brief description of what was happening immediately prior to this error **[Description]

[Message]
    Index was outside the bounds of the array.

[Version]

[WinVer]
    Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at MetaGeek.View.DensityView.(Graphics , Rectangle , ColorScheme )
    at MetaGeek.View.DensityView.DrawData(Graphics graphics, Rectangle graphRect, ColorScheme scheme)
    at MetaGeek.View.SpectrumAnalyzerView.Draw(Graphics g, Rectangle graphRect, ColorScheme scheme)
    at MetaGeek.View.SpectrumAnalyzerView.OnPaint(PaintEv entArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandlin g(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Mes sage& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Mess age& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
    at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Thanks,
    Shaun

I am having this issue as well. I'm running a Dell D630 with an Intel Pro/Wirleess 3945ABG NIC with Windows XP SP3. My wireless is handled by Windows, not a 3rd party app.

This is the error report:

[Message]
    Method not found: 'Int32 System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitAny(System.Threadi ng.WaitHandle[], Int32)'.

[Version]

[WinVer]

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitAny(System.Threadi ng.WaitHandle[], Int32)'.
    at MetaGeek.Model.Wifi.WifiScanner.()
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

Thanks,
    Marianne

Additionally, some more specifics....

If I disable my NIC in my network connections, I can launch Chanalyzer and it does not crash.

The moment I enable my NIC, it causes the crash (noted in my previous post). I disconnected all of my auto-connect wifi connections to make sure it wasn't related to being connected or being connected to a particular network. Regardless of connection or not to a wifi network, as long as the NIC is enabled, the crash will occur.

Also, I downloaded the Chanalyzer Pro software trial to see if it happens with that as well. It does.

Thanks,
    Marianne

Quote Originally Posted by basschica View Post
    I am having this issue as well. I'm running a Dell D630 with an Intel Pro/Wirleess 3945ABG NIC with Windows XP SP3. My wireless is handled by Windows, not a 3rd party app.

This is the error report:

[Message]
    Method not found: 'Int32 System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitAny(System.Threadi ng.WaitHandle[], Int32)'.

[Version]

[WinVer]

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitAny(System.Threadi ng.WaitHandle[], Int32)'.
    at MetaGeek.Model.Wifi.WifiScanner.()

Thanks,
    Marianne

Thanks, I will get this logged so we can fix it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast