Thread: Unknown continuous signals, between 2.435 and 2.460 GHz

Question Unknown continuous signals, between 2.435 and 2.460 GHz

While scanning my 2.4 GHz neighbourhood, I got these signals. I have no idea what they could be. Continuous low power signals between 2.435 and 2.460 GHz

Has anyone seen something like this before?

I have attached waterfall and density views.

Thanks for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	view.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	334  

Hmm, those look kind of like audio transmissions. Could you post a larger image?

Default Unknown continuous signals, between 2.435 and 2.460 GHz

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Hmm, those look kind of like audio transmissions. Could you post a larger image?
    Thanks for your answer. I posted larger images.
    What do you mean by audio transmission ?
    Could you give me some device example ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	density.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	58.0 KB 
ID:	335   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waterfall.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	80.0 KB 
ID:	336  

Well, after looking at the larger image, I don't suppose it would be audio. I was thinking it may have been an amateur radio operator, but that wouldn't explain the lines above 2.45GHz.

Could you post a recording of the transmitter/s? I think it may actually be a cordless phone of Uniden, but I am not sure about all the lines. a histogram view would be very useful in a recording.

Are the transmissions continuous all the time day and night or do they ever stop or move positions?

I have also see AT&T Uverse/xDSL lines give off certain continuous transmission, or other types of very specific electrical (cable) [data] give off continuous lines like the green ones. If it is a cordless phone, some of the lines on the sides of the wider line/signal shown in the center, can be strange harmonic side frequencies from the phone. Or it could be the reflection wave/time difference of the device giving off the main signal..

Also how are you using the Wi-Spy as it could spirous emissions from the computer too... Have you isolated the computer out of the equation? Like the hard drive??

Oxygen