Thread: Exporting data

Default Exporting data

Hi there,

Chanalyzer-4 and Chanalyzer Pro seem to be very interesting tools for (simple) spectrum analysis. However, they seem to only generate certain types of figures and reports, and the data cannot be exported to create your own figures. Imagine that you want to plot the received signal strength at certain frequency band acquired with Chanalyzer-4/Pro, together with the throughput obtained with a different application running in paralel. We would need to do the measurements/recording with both applications simultaneously, and then process the data to jointly plot these two parameters e.g. with Matlab/octave.

The question is then, does anybody know if it would be possible with Chanalyzer-4/Pro to save the results in raw format (e.g. plain text) so that we can manipulate them and create our own figures? As an example for channel 2.4GHz, it could be simply a text file with different columns like:

time frequency amplitude
    0.1 2.4 -99
    0.2 2.4 -97
    0.3 2.4 -99
    0.4 2.4 -95

Many thanks in advance,

Miguel

Hi again,

I found the solution thanks to the support of Metageek. You can open the wi-spy recordings in firefox by using this tool:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...qlite-manager/

BR,

Miguel

Hello Miguel. The sensing data appear as "BLOB", i.e. a 256 byte long hex string, in SQLite Manager. Is there any script of tools to extract meaningful data? Or, failing that, is there at least any information on which byte represents what?

Thanks very much.

Your provided solution is quite useful and i have got it as a worth working here . Good to suggest such kind of right one.

Default Wi-Spy Recording Tool

Quote Originally Posted by msepulcre View Post
    Hi again,

I found the solution thanks to the support of Metageek. You can open the wi-spy recordings in firefox by using this tool:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...qlite-manager/

BR,

Miguel
    Hi Miguel,
    How to use this tool (SGLite Manager) to record the Wi-Spy data? I have no experience in using SQL. Is there any tutorial about it or perhaps you can provide your own tutorial so that I can learn from you on how to use this tool. I am really looking forward for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Hi Miguel,

Have you tried the CSV-export feature in Chanalyzer Pro? It's in the file menu. You end up getting raw sweep data numbers, but you can crunch those with your own application as needed. There will probably be some coding involved to get it all up and running.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Default Exporting Data

Hi, I'm beginning to be familiar with Chanalyzer Pro. I really appreciate your discussion here. It is very informative and its helping me to be well versed with that kind of tools. I agree that Chanalyzer Pro must be a very interesting tools for spectrum analysis.