Thread: Error Message about WiFi and Ethernet adapter

Default Error Message about WiFi and Ethernet adapter

Till last week inSSider 2 was working fine on my Toshiba XP but now I am getting an error message "Error attempting to use interface. Make sure you have selected WiFi adapter, not an Ethernet adapter." I have not make any changes to my computer regarding WiFi adapter or Ethernet adapter. Any idea how to resolve this error

Please try the attached build of inSSIDer. It has a debug console enabled that will display message when something goes wrong.
    I need you to post the output of the console window after you receive the interface error message.

Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello:

I have the same problem and I have run inssider in debug mode. This is the log until error:

Debug output console enabled
    Switch to main form
    DeviceIoControl failed. Error = 50
    IoctlNdis.Scan(): ManagementException: System.Management.ManagementException: Incompatible
    en System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExt endedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
    en System.Management.ManagementObject.Put(PutOptions options)
    en System.Management.ManagementObject.Put()
    en MetaGeek.IoctlNdis.IoctlNdis.Scan(NetworkInterface adapter) en C:\cygwin\in2m6\IoctlNdis\IoctlNdis.cs:línea 411

MAny thanks and best regards,

What adapter are you selecting in inSSIDer?

I am having same problem, and I got the following debig messages:

Debug output console enabled
    Switch to main form
    IoctlNdis.Scan(): ManagementException: System.Management.ManagementException: Incompatible
    en System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExt endedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
    en MetaGeek.IoctlNdis.IoctlNdis.Scan(NetworkInterface adapter) en C:\cygwin\in2m6\IoctlNdis\IoctlNdis.cs:línea 411
    [06-24-2011 13:37:34] Scanner.Dispose(): Stop _ns
    [06-24-2011 13:37:34] Scanner.Dispose(): Dispose _ns
    [06-24-2011 13:37:34] Scanner.Dispose(): Null out Cache
    [06-24-2011 13:37:34] Scanner.Dispose(): Stop GpsControl
    [06-24-2011 13:37:34] Scanner.Dispose(): Null out GpsControl
    Program.Main(): Execution Finished, you may now close this window

Additionally, in top of Insider 2 window only appear this adapter: Realtek RTL81688C(P) / 8111C(P) PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIV - xxxx

and I am using a Dell Vostro 1710 with internal WiFi and Windows XP, and I am using WZC
    after I tried this solution and still doesn't work: http://www.metageek.net/forums/showt...ease-read-this

I checked Windows Services and there is not anbother Dell wireless client enabled...I review all of them and Dell wireless LAN tray service is disabled.

All this happen with Inssider version 2 opened and I still connected to the internet (otherwise, Inssider Version 1 still scannng very well in this same time)...but I wish to work with Inssider version 2

I hope all those messages could be usefull so you can send me a solution.

Awaiting your good support, best regards,

Aldo Gilardino
    checked Services and there is not anbother Dell wireless client enabled...I review all of them
    Dell wireless LAN tray service is disabled