Thread: What kind of Interference???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What kind of Interference???

I'm having issues with latency and packet loss in the following attached Wifi environment. I know there are other wifi devices in the area. The CXP prefixed SSID's are running from the same radio (b/g) and are the ones that we are using. See WSX download link.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3544559/Traces/CX%20Wifi.wsx

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Ryan

What Wi-Spy was used to record this? Is it possible to download Chanalyzer 3.4 or Lab and get a better resolution?

I don't want to say the 11b access point is bad, but it looks a little goofy.. I see zigbee in zigbee channel 12 probably... & maybe 13.

Something keeps looking for a channel as evidenced by the -30 dbm spikes (probably your computer..) I think your computer is really searching a lot for a new AP as evidenced by:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic1.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	378

Also, do you have a microwave somewhere nearby? I as because this looks like it. And while the microwave usually is more of a Peak and drop off, they do sometimes take out the entire band with high RF radiation..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pic2.jpg 
Views:	232 
Size:	100.8 KB 
ID:	379

Anyone else have any thoughts? I see some other things but am not really sure exactly what to make of them.. Anyone think chanalyzer 4 is creating a duplicate image here at all?

Oxygen
    Last edited by oxygen69; 03-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.

This recording was done with Chanalyzer Pro using Wi-Spy 2.4.