Thread: Feedback for inSSIDer for LINUX

Default Feedback for inSSIDer for LINUX

Comparing Windows 7 and LINUX versions of your software I found some differences:
    -Some nets were not detected in LINUX
    -Signal strength seems very unstable in LINUX but not in W7
    -Only 4 tty to choose from for gps and no rfcomm support
    -Programm crashes if clicking OK in gps window and no gps detected.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pantallazo.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	386   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inssid-w7.png 
Views:	130 
Size:	311.7 KB 
ID:	387  

Thank you for the feedback!

In the future, you can report bugs in inSSIDer for Linux by by clicking on "Report a bug" in the Help menu. This way they will be on github where anyone in the inSSIDer community can see them and collaborate to fix them. You will also be able to see if any bugs have already been reported.

Were you using the same Wi-Fi adapter in both?

The GPS OK crash has been reported here: https://github.com/metageek-llc/inSS...issues#issue/4

Thanks again!

Stumbled across this thread while looking for info about the GPS status...I've already filed a bug report of my own (though nobody put comments yet) with your github but I just wanted to throw in the forums here. I too am having the "tty only" issue, in my case I need to select pts/3 for my GPS...but only ttySX is a choice.

I haven't noticed any issues detecting networks (though my little netbook barely detected networks in Windows) and I'm eagerly awaiting an updated version of inSSIDer Linux that would support my GPS. I just figured out how to link my GPS in Windows and make a really cool map as I drive, now I want it in Linux so I can bike around with my netbook running on a SSD!