Thread: Panasonic DECT phone interference with wireless router

Default Panasonic DECT phone interference with wireless router

After many hours of testing different wireless settings on my router, I figured out that my Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone was causing serious signal deterioration. After turning the base off, the wireless signal was just fine.

The question is if there is anything I can do to keep both devices (phone base and wireless router) running at the same time.

I have 2 routers to choose from - Netgear 3500 and D-Link 655. The D-Link had problems regardless of where I placed the phone base (I moved it downstairs and it still had problems). The Netgear 3500 seems to be working much better, but I did get signal degradation at one point later in the night.

I am using Channel 3 on the routers with 802.11n that operates at 2.422 Ghz. The Panasonic phone manual says it operates at 1.92 to 1.93 Ghz and the Bluetooth (my phone supports that) operates on 2.402 to 2.48 Ghz.

Thanks for the help!

If your router is set to channel 3, it's right about in the middle of the phone's Bluetooth range. If you want to avoid interference from Bluetooth, you'll want to move your router outside of it's range, probably to channel 11 if there aren't other access points there. It's still no guarantee, because there could be other devices broadcasting around channel 11, too. But at least you'd know you were out of the range of the Bluetooth.

Let us know what happens!