Thread: What about Non Broadcasted SSIDs

Default What about Non Broadcasted SSIDs

can InSSIDer see non-broadcasted SSIDs? Because if so I'm not seeing one. windows 7 is showing 2 secured networks and one "other network". but when I open inSSIDer i can only see the secured networks.
    Last edited by thelep; 04-18-2011 at 07:40 PM.

No, inSSIDer cannot 'see' hidden SSIDs. It will sometimes show them if Windows knows about them (like connecting to one)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    No, inSSIDer cannot 'see' hidden SSIDs. It will sometimes show them if Windows knows about them (like connecting to one)
    This was kinda the reason I installed inSSIDer I can't find where in Windows 7 it shows the channel number of non-connected networks, so I donwloaded inSSIDer which works a treat and tells me the channel numbers of the networks around be except one, the "other netwok". Surely inSSIDer can still see what channel number and some other info if nothing else?

Hope the function will be implemented in inSSIDer. It can be not a problem because Chanalyzer Pro show the hidden ssids on the same system with same wireless card also when no Wi-Spy is connected.