Thread: Problem anyone else with SSID's?

Default Problem anyone else with SSID's?

Has anyone else noticing that with the new release the SSID keep going to 0dBm and spiking the overlay? I thought it might just be me, but have tried on several computers and several different AP's..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-21-2011 Bug report2.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	420

Also noticed that bug with drop-down menu and Density are happening again....
    Several others bugs - See pic :

Name:	4-21-2011 Bug report.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	255.7 KB 
ID:	419

Name:	TEs1.PNG 
Views:	209 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	421

Oxygen
    Last edited by oxygen69; 04-21-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Hello Oxygen,

Can you verify the version of Chanalyzer 4 you are using is 4.0.11.0407. The reason I ask is that when I check Color by Density and Color by Aplitude they are staying checked.

I will submit a bug on the Timespan saying at :10 when Auto is checked. Also can you provide more information on the steps you take when you say look at a different device and come back you need to uncheck Auto.

Would like to gather some more information on the RSSI values that read 0. Is it constant or goes back an forth from a - value to 0? Is the WWAN AutoConfig (Visa, Win7) or Wireless Zero Configuration (WinXP) service running? If not can you start it and see if the problem goes away.

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Richp01 View Post
    Hello Oxygen,

Can you verify the version of Chanalyzer 4 you are using is 4.0.11.0407. The reason I ask is that when I check Color by Density and Color by Aplitude they are staying checked.
    Yes I am using Chanalyzer 4.0.11.0407 (confirmed).. I went to "Preferences" menu changed to "density View" then go to screen and it will show graph as density view, but say amplitude view.

I will submit a bug on the Timespan saying at :10 when Auto is checked. Also can you provide more information on the steps you take when you say look at a different device and come back you need to uncheck Auto.
    When chanalyzer is on "AUTO" and you switch from say the DBx to the 2.4x, or 900x, when the data/graph for that new device comes up (or you then go back to the old device and look at it) the amount of time you see on the screen/graph is only a small snippet that you just changed to the device. So, only a few seconds..even when the device has been running for 2 hours. This has been happening since the introduction of Chanalyzer 4 (all versions).

Would like to gather some more information on the RSSI values that read 0. Is it constant or goes back an forth from a - value to 0? Is the WWAN AutoConfig (Visa, Win7) or Wireless Zero Configuration (WinXP) service running? If not can you start it and see if the problem goes away.

The problem goes back and forth regular to 0. happens on all types of routers I can see. My WWAN is WinXP SP3 WZC enabled, all other wifi controllers are disabled (like Intel Proset).

Oxygen

Thank you for the additional information. I have been able to recreate AUTO and the Color by issues and created bugs for them both. I have not yet seen the RSSI value show up at 0 as of yet. However, I did create an issue for this one as well.

Regards,

Rich