I just installed inSSIDer and am very impressed with the program's features and usability. But, I've run into a bug of some sorts with the channel number detected for my NETGEAR WNDR3300 running DD-WRT on the 5ghz band.

No matter what I set the channel number to, inSSIDer displays channel 0 + 4 and therefore doesn't graph it on the 5ghz Channel display. I've tried low channel numbers and high channel numbers.

Currently, the AP is transmitting on channels 149 + 151 and I can verify that using another program on the same laptop - XIRRUS Wifi monitor gadget (although once I've started inSSIDer, the gadjet stops working until I disable and re-enable the adapter - there appears to be some sort of conflict).

I am running version 2.0.7.0126 of inSSIDer. My HP Laptop's wifi adapter is a "Broadcom 4321AG 802.11a/b/g/draft-n Wi-Fi Adapter" according to the status display.

I also notice that inSSIDer occasionally seems to interfere with my wireless connection and disconnects me. Once that happens, attempts to reconnect fail immediately for a few attempts, then I'm able to connect again to the AP. This seems to happen more initially when I start the program. Things seem to settle down after that, but since I've only been running the program for a few hours I'm not totally sure of those symptoms.