Thread: Wide Channels on Intel 5100AGN

Default Wide Channels on Intel 5100AGN

Hi all

I use a laptop with an Intel 5100AGN chip in it. InSSIDer runs fine on it, however, I don't see wide channels. All channels only show up as 20MHz. I have set my wireless driver to 'auto' for channel mode, and I can connect to 40MHz channels and access higher throughput. But I just can't see them on InSSIDer.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks
    Richard

Hello,

I also have a 5100AGN and I am seeing the 40MHz Access points. I have attached a screen shot and you can see that the access point (Red) is using Channel 6 + 2 (6 being the Control Channel and 2 being the extension channel). I am using driver version 12.4.1.4 for the 5100 AGN. Is the 5100 connected to the AP at the same time you are running inSSIDer? If so you might try disconnecting and see if that
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inSSIDer.png 
Views:	358 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	459  

Which version of Windows are you? Is it Vista or Win 7?

I'm on Win 7 and using driver version 13.5.0.6. The AP that is using 40MHz isn't the one I am associated with, but even when I disconnect it still shows it as being 20MHz.

I am using windows 7 SP1.

Turns out I was running an old version of InSSIDer. I'm not sure where it came from, since I've only started using it recently. When I went to download version 2, it was already saved to my downloads folder, along with version 1.2 which I had been running. Not sure where I sourced version 1.2 from! Even when I went 'check for updates' on 1.2, it told me I was running the latest version. Moral of that story, don't rely on software updaters!

Anyway, problem is resolved in version 2
    Last edited by greaneyr; 06-12-2011 at 04:46 PM.