Thread: Can advise on what device gives this form of signal?

Default Can advise on what device gives this form of signal?

Hi I am new to Wi-SPY and Chanalyzer Pro. I have some issue with current office wlan and I am using WI-SPY and Chanalyzer Pro to help to gather information and how to resolve it. I have montior for 1 day and I see some strange signal. Would appreciate if someone can shade some light on this signal? strange.jpg and kolairoom.wsx

I have another set of strange signal label as blackburn.jpg and blackburn.wsx

Appreaciate for all the help.

thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	strange.jpg 
Views:	227 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	515   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackburn.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	517  
    Attached Files Attached Files

2. Default

The pattern in blackburn.wsx looks like a wireless audio system.

The pattern in kolairoom.wsx is your typical ERP-OFDM modulation. Wi-Fi will use this pattern when there is a large amount of data needing to be transferred. This will occur in either 802.11g/n capable Wi-Fi deployments. To recreate this, try performing a speed test with your laptop.

I recommend separating the channels you use to 1 and 11 so there will be less overlap interference.

Hi Trent

thanks for the advise. You mention for the Kolairoom.wsx it was due to OFDM. Attach is another file capture on the same area. CHannel 3 (I have move out channel 11 as advise). YOu can see its like OFDM but there seem to have 3 blue inverted wave in it? Is that also from OFDM? Actually what triggers the OFDM, I see it happen very frequent and it affect the wireless throughput.
    Please advise.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kodi.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	520