Thread: Large Positive RSSI values

Default Large Positive RSSI values

I have searched the forums but have not found an answer to the following though it seems a few people have mentioned it. I recently updated to inSSIDer 2.0.7.0126 (I do not remember the old version) and I am seeing something weird in this version. inSSIDer is showing networks with an RDDI of +160. All the others are in the "standard" range of -50 to -93. It looks to me that this is some type of math bug as occasionally I see a square wave type signal of a network going from -95(ish) up to +160, then back to -95(ish). Does anyone know what is really going on here? Thanks.

This should be fixed in the next update. (Hopefully before the end of the year)

These excessive RSSI values, from the intel 4965AGN radios, are getting old... and difficult to explain to people looking over my sholder wondering why I would even stick with this utility.

Is there a beta fixing this problem that we can test?
    ... or i'm going to have to move onto something else.

Please try this build of inSSIDer: https://github.com/downloads/TylerAd...ny_1-12-12.zip

It should fix the large positive RSSI problem. However, it does not fix the high (around -10 to 0 dBm) RSSI problem as that is an Intel chipset problem, not an inSSIDer problem.