Thread: graph

Default graph

How do I change the graph?

Which graph are you talking about, and how would you like to 'change' it?

3. Default

The checkmarks in the table will change what the graphs draw. You can also use filters to shorten the list in the top too.

in the demo video is shows the graph in a smooth arc....not a flat table top looking thing like mine shows.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	graph.PNG 
Views:	216 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	584

5. Default

The demo video was made with an older version of inSSIDer. The shape is determined by the maximum rate available in a wireless service set.

Any WLAN with a maximum rate of 12 or greater will be drawn with a flat top. Rates 1, 2, 5.5 and 11 will be drawn with a curve. This is due to the modulation used in the actual spectrum. See the following link: Flat or Curved Tops

I got the same issue on a rate of 18.
    Parabolic signal everything above 20 has got a flat line.

What is the influence of a signal with flat line and parabolic form if they are on the same channel not to far from each other?
    Is the parabolic signal being pushed away the hard way?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wifisignal.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	844
    Last edited by sponske; 01-30-2013 at 03:28 AM.

7. Default

Generally speaking, round shapes in inSSIDer are 802.11b networks, and flat tops are 802.11g networks. 802.11b creates quite a bit more noise across the band than 802.11g does. Take a look at this screenshot:

Even though the 802.11g network is at the opposite end of the band, the 802.11b is still almost taking it over!