Thread: Need a sticky for...

Question Need a sticky for...

Hi All,

Just loaded InSSIDer and am finding it quite useful, but there is no help file and no way to discern the meaning of some of the functions. Or is there a one somewhere that I'm missing?

I'd like to know what the different line "textures" (ie: dotted, solid, bold, etc) mean.

The amplitude (RSSI) function shows what (I assume signal strength?) and is there a way to improve it?

There are some Youtube vids showing some user tips, in one vid the person's screen shows 3 windows yet mine only has two?

Is there a way to stretch out the time function so I can monitor more than 3 minutes at a time? When I log to a file it shows pretty large, yet if I convert it to KML it's less than 1k and completely empty?

And last but not least, thanks much for providing a free program that seems quite useful!

Russ

Hey RASelkirk,

Thanks for your post. There are already posts that talk about some of the things you mention. You can use the search feature in the upper right part of the screen to search for key terms (like RSSI) and find some answers (like the thread about RSSI found here).

You can also make specific posts for the questions you are asking and get answers for them.

As for a sticky about the features, that may be feasible. I'll talk to Trent and see what he thinks.

Regards,
    Stephen
    Last edited by Stephen; 01-04-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    Hey RASelkirk,

Thanks for your post. There are already posts that talk about some of the things you mention. You can use the search feature in the upper right part of the screen to search for key terms (like RSSI) and find some answers (like the thread about RSSI found here).

You can also make specific posts for the questions you are asking and get answers for them.

As for a sticky about the features, that may be feasible. I'll talk to Trent and see what he thinks.

Regards,
    Stephen
    Thanks, Stephen. I have searched around a bit, but haven't found the meaning of the line "weights". Hope ya'll make a lightweight user guide someday...

Russ

4. Default

Dotted line = No encryption
    Dashed like = WEP
    Solid line = WPA

The SSID that you have selected will appear bold as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Dotted line = No encryption
    Dashed like = WEP
    Solid line = WPA

The SSID that you have selected will appear bold as well.
    Thanks! I just posted this q in a different thread...

Russ