Thread: Strange Signals

Default Strange Signals

Greetings,

I just recently got a Wi-Spy 2.4x, and have been doing some recordings at a location that we have been having wireless issues. I'm trying to determine what might be causing the solid light blue line that spans the entire 2.4 Ghz range, and the yellow beyond above channel 13.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WiSpy.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	572

Thanks in advance
    shthco

looks abit like microwave. i have found the same where i am trying to track down the problem.

I;'ve tested out microwave and the leakage is small. maybe you have microwave that is leaking or closer to your wireless.

just a though

Name:	microwave 1236.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	573

3. Default

Looks like you got to it before we could help you! Yes, that is very indicative of microwave oven interference Nice detective work!
    Last edited by MetaGeek; 12-20-2011 at 03:19 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shthco View Post
    Greetings,

I just recently got a Wi-Spy 2.4x, and have been doing some recordings at a location that we have been having wireless issues. I'm trying to determine what might be causing the solid light blue line that spans the entire 2.4 Ghz range, and the yellow beyond above channel 13.

Name:	WiSpy.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	218.6 KB 
ID:	572

Thanks in advance
    shthco
    Your issue appears different than Apcyberax. Is there any way you can send the recording to us at support at metageek d0t net? Or you can turn on the density view (top buttons or display options). That way we can see what that horizontal line represents in the frequency/amplitude view?

It looks like it comes on sporadically like a cordless phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Is there any way you can send the recording to us at support at metageek d0t net?

I zipped the .wsx recording file, then e-mailed the zip file to support.

Thanks
    shthco
    Last edited by shthco; 12-20-2011 at 06:13 PM.