Thread: Chanalyzer Pro constantly hangs

Default Chanalyzer Pro constantly hangs

I am running Channalyzer Pro (ver. 1.1.6.1121) on Windows 7 64bit 8GB Ram. And while doing a survey the application will go to "not responding" several times during the survey. Nothing else is running on this machine at the time.

This is very very frustrating. It means that what should take me 3-4 minutes to capture some data now takes 20.

Any ideas?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by perryt View Post
    I am running Channalyzer Pro (ver. 1.1.6.1121) on Windows 7 64bit 8GB Ram. And while doing a survey the application will go to "not responding" several times during the survey. Nothing else is running on this machine at the time.

This is very very frustrating. It means that what should take me 3-4 minutes to capture some data now takes 20.

Any ideas?!?!?
    I'm having the same problem on the same version with x32 Win XP SP3. Dell E6400/4GB RAM/Intel T9600 Dual Core 2.8GHz It uses between 52-75% of the CPU and settles in at using about 165MB of RAM. I usually have to kill it because it stops responding after about 30 seconds. It's so bad, I'm embarrassed to use it in front of my customers...

It would be nice if there were a way to adjust the sampling rate. I don't know if that would fix this issue, but it would be nice to have.

3. Default

Hi Guys,

Will you both please send me an email so we can test the software with you both? Does Chanalyzer crash at all or does it just freeze? send a message to support at metageek d0t net.

How many WLAN BSSIDs do you see in the networks table? Have you tried turning off network scanning to see if that works a little better?

I'm getting the same behavior at times. I'm currently doing a site survey and I can't gather data for more than 5 min without Chanalyzer Pro becoming unresponsive. If I'm lucky, I can save my work without it completely locking up.

If I turn off the network scanning (as suggested), it works fine, but I lose 1/2 the visibility of the walk-through.

At the site here, there are approximately 11 AP's with a total of 22 SSID's (2 each per AP).

InSSIDer seems to works fine without crashing here, but of course it's not as full featured ;-)
    Last edited by winguru; 05-25-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Grammar mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hi Guys,

Will you both please send me an email so we can test the software with you both? Does Chanalyzer crash at all or does it just freeze? send a message to support at metageek d0t net.

How many WLAN BSSIDs do you see in the networks table? Have you tried turning off network scanning to see if that works a little better?
    The last survey I did had 136 networks showing at a time. This time it did not hang completely however it did stop responding for a few seconds (30 or so).

Remember mine is running in a parallels session on a MAC Book Pro. I did give the session 4 GB RAM and 4 processors and that helped a little bit.

The survey before this had 160 and it would only run for a few minutes and the hang completely.

6. Default

The last survey I did had 136 networks showing at a time. This time it did not hang completely however it did stop responding for a few seconds (30 or so).

Remember mine is running in a parallels session on a MAC Book Pro. I did give the session 4 GB RAM and 4 processors and that helped a little bit.

The survey before this had 160 and it would only run for a few minutes and the hang completely.
    Update is on its way, I hope it should improve this even more. Thank you for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Update is on its way, I hope it should improve this even more. Thank you for your feedback.
    Any status on the update? I could really use it.

Thanks.

perryt,

We are actually working on getting it out the door here soon. There are still some issues with the new release and we are working on getting the kinks out and running a full QA test on it. Hopefully you should see it in the next few weeks.

Stephen

9. Default

Any status on the update? I could really use it.

Thanks.
    I officially stopped telling people updates are on the way. We have ran into a few roadblocks. We are working on Chanalyzer Pro currently and you will get an update but I will not be hinting at any time frame. Sorry it has taken so long for us to get this out.