Thread: download of new version 2.1.0.1379

Default download of new version 2.1.0.1379

I downloaded the installation file for the new version 2.1.0.1379 from http://www.metageek.net/products/ins...heckUpdateForm

However, what appears to be installed after starting the installation program is the old version 2.0.

Is there anything wrong with the installation file or have I made a mistake?

Default Same problem

I download from 2 sites but both files were named 2.1 but installers says 2.0

That's a typo. The installer says 2.0, the desktop icon says 2.0, but the application is 2.1.
    Also @rmol, is your inSSIDer still 2.0 after install, or is it just that the installer that says 2.0?

Same here. Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times. Help, About shows 2.0.7.0126

5. Default

I have verified. They're rolling a hotfix soon.

Are any of you using a 64-bit version of Windows?

I keep getting a message about a newer version already installed. Windows7 64bit
    Forgot to say I currently have 2.0.7.0126 installed.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inSSIDer error.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	605
    Last edited by skinnyJM; 02-01-2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added currently installed version

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Are any of you using a 64-bit version of Windows?
    yes, Windows 7

edit: new version is correctly installed on an older XP / 32bit system. I can confirm the typo - during running of the installation program, version 2.0 is indicated, but finally version 2.1 gets installed.

However, when trying to install yesterday on the Windows 7 / 64bit system, I got a message that the version previously installed is newer than the downloaded version.

Shall I now try to reinstall the new version on the Windows 7 system or does it still need to be adapted?

weak point of the new version 2.1 (in my view): the colour in the upper window in the RSSI-field is not the same as in the lower window showing the spectra.
    Last edited by rmol; 02-02-2012 at 01:12 AM.