Thread: channels in inssider

Cool channels in inssider

in inssider different channels were shown in different wireless signal or access point. my question is how that channels came up to that respective value.

for example linkys have channel 5 and why that linkys belong to channel 5 is there any reason for this or for other channel??!!...

please help me with this problem...

Hi 12angel86,

The owner of the WiFi router (Linksys or other) sets which ever channel they want.
    In north America people use Channels 1-11, in Australia & Europe we can use Channels 1-13
    and in Japan they can use Channels 1-14.

The idea is to use inSSIDer to see what channels all your neighbours are transmitting/receiving on and pick one that is the least used so hopefully you will experience the least interference.

hope this helps

cheers

angel,

I would also add that most routers have an auto option set that generally switches between channels 1, 6, and 11. With that said, if you are looking to switch your channels and you live in a higher populated area with a lot of APs, I would stay away from those channels as most AP's are going to be on them.

mayim, thank you for your helpful post

Stephen

THIS IS VERY HELPFUL WITH OUR THESIS PROJECT...THANK YOU FOR YOUR THOUGHTS...

cheers to you!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
    angel,

I would also add that most routers have an auto option set that generally switches between channels 1, 6, and 11. With that said, if you are looking to switch your channels and you live in a higher populated area with a lot of APs, I would stay away from those channels as most AP's are going to be on them.

mayim, thank you for your helpful post

Stephen
    thanks stephen

cheers[/QUOTE]

t really helps a lot to our thesis project!! thanks to you!!

angel,

No problem, always glad to help and so are our other users on here like mayim. We are happy to have a bunch of knowledgeable users who contribute to our forums.

Stephen