Thread: InSSIDer crashing at start up

Default InSSIDer crashing at start up

Hi Guys,
    Hope someone can help as I really miss this useful tool.

Have tried installing the latest version direct from the Metageek website, but still having problems.

Details below of the failure.

[Message]
    Method not found: 'Int32 System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitAny(System.Threadi ng.WaitHandle[], Int32)'.

[Version]

[WinVer]
    Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitAny(System.Threadi ng.WaitHandle[], Int32)'.
    at inSSIDer.Scanning.NetworkScannerN.ScanThreadFunc()
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context( Object state)
    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
    at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Would you please download and install the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 to see if it resolves your issue?
    You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

Thanks for the reply. The .NET framework is already installed, but will re-install it and report back.

I am experiencing the same problem on three different HP laptops.
    I double checked the .NET install and it's correct. Followed the posted link and did a re-install, just in case.
    Still getting the same error message.

These are scratch load WinXP SP machines with the .NET install. Is there some other hotfix or update that is missing?

Default Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by NSN_Richard View Post
    I am experiencing the same problem on three different HP laptops.
    I double checked the .NET install and it's correct. Followed the posted link and did a re-install, just in case.
    Still getting the same error message.

These are scratch load WinXP SP machines with the .NET install. Is there some other hotfix or update that is missing?
    same problem on a HP (win xp) . a Lenovo (win xp) and a Packard Bell (win 7) laptop.

I did also followed the link and did a re-install.
    still getting the message:

Beschreibung:
    Stopped working

Problemsignatur:
    Problemereignisname: CLR20r3
    Problemsignatur 01: inssider.exe
    Problemsignatur 02: 2.1.3.1390
    Problemsignatur 03: 4fce41b0
    Problemsignatur 04: inSSIDer
    Problemsignatur 05: 2.1.3.1390
    Problemsignatur 06: 4fce41b0
    Problemsignatur 07: 32f
    Problemsignatur 08: 6
    Problemsignatur 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Gebietsschema-ID: 1031

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Hello,

Would you please download and install the .NET framework 3.5 SP1 to see if it resolves your issue?
    You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=22

I to am having problems, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, and I still get:

** Please provide a brief description of what was happening immediately prior to this error **

[Description]

[Message]
    Value does not fall within the expected range.

[Version]

[WinVer]
    Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

[Platform]
    x86

[StackTrace]
    System.ArgumentException: Value does not fall within the expected range.
    at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IWebBrows er2.Navigate2(Object& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigate2(O bject& URL, Object& flags, Object& targetFrameName, Object& postData, Object& headers)
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.PerformNavigateHel per(String urlString, Boolean newWindow, String targetFrameName, Byte[] postData, String headers)
    at System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowser.set_Url(Uri value)
    at inSSIDer.UI.Forms.FormMain.InitializeComponent() in MetaScanner\UI\Forms\frmMain.Designer.cs:line 626
    at inSSIDer.UI.Forms.FormMain..ctor(ScanController scanner) in MetaScanner\UI\Forms\frmMain.cs:line 90
    at inSSIDer.Program.Main(String[] args) in MetaScanner\Program.cs:line 214

Talking

I would like to point out I fixed my issue by doing a repair install of .net 3.5 sp1 and then let windows re apply all updates.