Thread: Way Way Too Many Access Points

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Way Way Too Many Access Points

So I did a test with inSSIDER before this wi-spy capture and in 60 seconds caught 53 access points (most -80 or lower).

For reference all access points I have control over in this picture are marked and in the capture all begin with "Aerowire" and end with whatever is listed on map. The NEZ is a Tropos meshed to LH1 and FUND everything else is on wired connections back to 5Ghz canopy radios to a tower. Every building you see is an individually owned apartment building, not in a complex.

Is there truly a way to fight though this many access points in one congested area? I've had complaints from someone in the apartment right in front of "Test Location" when he was trying to use the AP "Walker". At test location I could not connect to Walker or Walker1, could see them strong signal but failed to connect. These are Deliberant units and do not give me an SNR reading, but I assume the situation is what I usually see...The AP is strong enough with high output and good antenna for me to see it but my poor little laptop isn't strong enough to get signal back over the interference.

I'm running into this with several complexes we service, mainly on this street/area where a simply inSSIDER scan will reveal 50-85 access points. All of our equipment (Colubris, Deliberant, Ubiquiti, Tropos) is mounted outside the buildings and the clients are getting strong signal but have connection drops and slow transfer speeds and packet lose. Those closer to the same access points don't have the problems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Walker.jpg 
Views:	481 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	680  
    Attached Files Attached Files