Thread: Cant find an answer anywhere for wifi issue

Default Cant find an answer anywhere for wifi issue

Hey everyone, i have an issue and was told somone here might know the answer.

I have 2 internet connections, one is through wifi and the other is a USB gprs card.

The gprs air card does not allow access to the internet, ie on my companies internal network.

I was wondering if there is an easy way, perhaps a program, that would allow me to specify what programs use which internet connection. So suppose program A (Firefox) used my wifi connection, and my dispatch software used the gprs connection.

Any help would be great!!!

If both cards have IP addresses on different segments, routing table entries can direct traffic to the appropriate gateway.
    In a Windows command window enter route print to see the contents of the routing table.
    Enter route to see the full command syntax.

Thanks for the info, it sounds and looks a little too complicated for me im not really that advanced of a user.

However, i got thinking about it later on, would it work if i were to run a windows virtual box, on the main system i could run on wiress then load say windows xp and run the usb connection. Technically then i would have 2 different routing tables and 2 seperate connections.

Quote Originally Posted by chris52952 View Post
    Thanks for the info, it sounds and looks a little too complicated for me im not really that advanced of a user.

However, i got thinking about it later on, would it work if i were to run a windows virtual box, on the main system i could run on wiress then load say windows xp and run the usb connection. Technically then i would have 2 different routing tables and 2 seperate connections.
    Hmm... I've never tried anything like this... but it would seem to work in theory. I can't think of a reason it wouldn't, but then again, my networking knowledge doesn't extend so much into the IP routing worlds outside of setting up static IP's haha.

Stephen

Have you tried "Bridging" the two in your network configuration drop down screen? Just sayin'

static routes are a pain especially when your professor speaks broken English in an amusing way. And then come the Dynamic Routes. There are probably much better things to study than network engineering. I would say if you want a solution to your problem, try googling:

"windows edit static route" "command prompt" inurl:forum

So I found this laptop from 1996ish and the thing still works, it is running windows 98 right now. I would have put more time into this but I am having a nerd attack.