Thread: Live GPX to KML Possible and how?

Default Live GPX to KML Possible and how?

Hello I was wondering if there was a way to convert the gpx to kml is a live manner. Just because i am wanting to see if it is possible.

I already have my city completely cached into google earth so that I have all the maps available.

I converted my android phone to a Bluetooth gps unit for my laptop and now have offline gps system maps and all

and i realized that gps input in google earth is an ever changing temp file so i was wondering if the same could be applied to a gpx/kml situation where as i am driving i can watch all the access points display themselves live.

Just think it would be pretty cool, any thoughts on how to do this?

To answer your first question, the conversion is not a live manner. You can log .gpx data live with inSSIDer, but the conversion is done separately after inSSIDer is done logging. You could probably do a bit of hacking to get it to be live. I would just assume that you would have to find where the conversion event is handled and input that code into the logging code, but I don't think that this is something that will be good to do. Not too sure if logging and converting is very efficient...

Stephen