Thread: Idustrial Plant 2.4GHz Captures Wanted

Default Idustrial Plant 2.4GHz Captures Wanted

Hi

I am working on a small research project as part of a degree and one of the sections areas I am looking at is coexistence of Industrial wireless sensor networks (WirelessHart, ISA100.11a and WIA-PA) with other sources of RF interferance/traffic in the 2.4Ghz band.

If anyone can provide it I would like some screen shots of industrial plants without any networks installed to see what interferance is possible in this band along with details of where/what the site is and possible sources of the interferance.

Allso if anyone has any captures of sites with WirelessHart and ISA100.11a networks running captures and explanations of these would be appreciated.

I am planning on buying Wi-Spy in the future but it will probably take me too long to take and interpret the captures I get to include them in my report.

Thanks in advance

2. Default

Hi Ligur,

Thank you for your request. I have a few connections at HART that I think I may be able to post some screenshots and captures. If any of our other users have captures already and have issue posting them please let me know.

Trent

Thanks for the offer, I would appreciate anything you can come up with.

Trent

Have you had any luck with any captures of WirelessHart instrumentation?

Thanks

Stewart

5. Default

I haven't. I just followed up with them to see what I can get. Thank you for the reminder.

Trent

Thanks, I have the Wi-Spy 2.4x now so will be able to get some captures of my own of areas without WirelessHart or other wireless sensor networks running but others would be good for comparison. I havent got access to anywhere that has a WirelessHart sensor network running so it would still be good to get that if possible.

Thanks again