Thread: Tablets dropping wifi connection at random

Default Tablets dropping wifi connection at random

I'm new to w-ispy, not sure exactly what I'm seeing, been reading and looking at other post on this forum. We have a small medical clinic, no x-ray machine in the building, it's a older building, several other offices around us with wifi also. We have random wifi drops, we've tried 3 different brands of AP's. Thought we'd try seeing whats around us, can anyone give me an idea what we are seeing in these pics. These events happen this morning, any info. would be a big help.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purcell1045.jpg 
Views:	327 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	721Click image for larger version. 

Name:	purcell1050.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	103.6 KB 
ID:	722

2. Default

Hi Dan,

Will you send a recording to support at metageek d0t net? Is this capture from the area of the office that gets the most complaints? The spikes across the bottom could cause some disruptions, but it is too difficult to determine if these are intentional 2.4 GHz transmitters and not an unintentional spur from another frequency range.

If you could send a capture from multiple locations comparing the events, to see if they get louder at any location. That would help us determine what could be causing the issues. Also, have users write down the times they had connectivity issues.

Default thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hi Dan,

Will you send a recording to support at metageek d0t net? Is this capture from the area of the office that gets the most complaints? The spikes across the bottom could cause some disruptions, but it is too difficult to determine if these are intentional 2.4 GHz transmitters and not an unintentional spur from another frequency range.

If you could send a capture from multiple locations comparing the events, to see if they get louder at any location. That would help us determine what could be causing the issues. Also, have users write down the times they had connectivity issues.
    I'll send them today, thanks