Thread: interference at music event

Default interference at music event

Hi,

I am doing wifi at a Danish music event, and we have a certain area where everyone looses their internet connection every 20s to 1min - I did a capture, and I see high intensity bursts across the spectrum in intervals that complies with the user experience.

I tried to find the source with the directional antenna, but the bursts are so short, that it is next to impossible to locate them.

any idea on what this could be?

br,

Henrik

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	263 
Size:	461.7 KB 
ID:	726
    hal syd.wsx

Hi Henrik,
    Sorry for the delayed response. Looking at your recording, I don't see anything that immediately jumps out as an odd source of interference... The horizontal "rainbow dashed" lines that appear in the waterfall view indicate a beaconing wireless card.

What I do notice, and this may have something to do with the issues you described, is that your wireless networks are overlapping. Please watch this video on our YouTube channel about selecting the best channels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YHov...5&feature=plcp

3. Default

I would also investigate using a packet analyzer to see if a neighboring AP is sending deauthentication frames to the clients associated to your WLAN.