Thread: Strand interference knocking wirless AP offline at random intervals

Default Strange interference knocking wirless AP offline at random intervals

I have a camping resort that has six wireless units across the grounds.
    one location by our admin building has had issues for the the past few years with the AP randomly rebooting at different intervals. We ruled out any software/hardware configuration issues. Upon using the WiSPY device I discovered that there is a surge in noise at the end of the 2.4ghz spectrum at the exact time the unit goes offline.

We have no clue what could be the cause.....any ideas?
    I've heard that some higher powered CB radios could have the out put to take down one of these devices, but i dont know how likely that is....Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Baleys_adminbuilding16.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	728Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bayleys 07.13.2012.jpg 
Views:	382 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	729
    Last edited by NMSinc; 07-13-2012 at 07:09 PM.

Are you sure its not the AP failing that causes the noise?

We have tried several different AP's in different locations around the building with the same result each time. The AP's function fine everywhere but this area

Bump*

Anyone???

You can use the Device Finder antenna to locate the source of the interference. It may take a while, but might be your only option at this point. If the interference is located to that one area of the building then thats a good starting point

6. Default

I believe this is a cordless phone. Can you confirm?