Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: inSSIDer for Android

Once the apk is downloaded to the PC it matters not if your Android device has Google Play.
    Suit yourself, I'm done here.

Quote Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
    Once the apk is downloaded to the PC it matters not if your Android device has Google Play.
    Suit yourself, I'm done here.
    Where is your downloaded apk file ??? UH You download nothing.... Please stop posting to this thread, thank You.

3. Default

As of right now, the only place to get inSSIDer for Android is on Google Play. Since inSSIDer is pretty early on in development, we need the bug reports and automatic updates that Google Play provides. As inSSIDer grows, we are looking into providing APKs for those that don't have Google Play. We will not be able to guarantee functionality for devices that don't have Google Play though, just something to keep in mind.

I'll keep you guys posted!

Thanks for Your respond. inSSIDer is one of the best software, I love it. Have a nice day ;-)

Spymac®
    Czech Republic
    Last edited by Spymac®; 11-28-2012 at 09:57 AM.

5. Default

inSSIDer 1.1 is live on Google Play!

Change Log:
    • Signal strength over time line graph helps you measure coverage while performing a site survey.
    • Easily see overlapping networks with new color for 2.4 and 5 GHz network graphs.
    • Improved behavior when inSSIDer is not the foreground app.
    • Improved user interface for both phones and tablets.
    • Application automatically selects currently associated network for optimization.
    • Maintains persistent details for the network being optimized.
    • Significantly reduced memory usage.

If you do not have access to the play store on your Android device, please contact us at support@metageek.net.

Hi,

With this update the app didn't work. I tried unistalling, reboot the phone, installing again. Always I get a message when the app is launched. I hope this can be fixed since the app is a very very usefull tool. Motorola MB632 Android 2.3.5. WiFi Analyzer still works. Regards.

7. Default

Hi Cochea,

What error message to do you receive when the app is launched?

I don't see where to click stop on the android version when done with the site survey I only see a reset on the top right. I have downloaded this app onto a Samsung Galaxy S3. Is that the same as the stop or am I missing this button?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rolowz View Post
    I don't see where to click stop on the android version when done with the site survey I only see a reset on the top right. I have downloaded this app onto a Samsung Galaxy S3. Is that the same as the stop or am I missing this button?
    Hi rolowz! In this version, there isn't a stop button. We couldn't find a reason for it. When you are ready to begin a survey to pick a channel, hit restart and go!

Are the any plans to add logging to the Android version or a way to export the data being captured so it can be further analyzed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast