Thread: Network Connection Problem? (Please help...)

Default Network Connection Problem? (Please help...)

First of all, thx to everyone who answers. Iíll never get while people do this sort of thing for free. X_X

Before I downloaded inSSIDer, I searched for wireless networks using the icon and the bottom the screen in the Windows 7 OS. It was working fine, but one unsecured network was constantly popping on and off the radar. I didnít get it, but figured Iíd download a different network scanner and see if it made a difference.
    It did.
    But inSSIDer canít actually connect to the networks, it can only scan them. I had to download a program that could actually connect to the unsecured network that the program had spotted.
    I downloaded the program WeFi, but, once again, the wireless network I was looking for had disappeared.
    (As a side, note, we live in townhouses and I was blessed with an awesome neighbor. He doesnít mind me or anyone else in range connecting to his network. I spoke to him about the whole thing already and he just said to come outside so I would get better reception.)
    So, my question is, what wireless programs can I download that will spot the network Iím looking for? I know it can be spotted because of inSSIDer. The max rate of the network is 54, which Iíll assume is pretty slow, but stillÖ
    If you guys want, I could post more information on the network that Iím talking about.
    Srsly, thx in advance. People like you make the internet what it isÖ :*(

inSSIDer shows networks that are detected by your wireless NIC.
    Being detected does not imply that one can connect.
    There are several reason why one cannot connect to a given network.
    The most common are:
    signal strength is too low;
    signal quality is too poor;
    connections filtered by mac address;
    connections require a pass phrase.