Thread: Chanalyzer Pro doesn't detect Wi-spy

Default Chanalyzer Pro doesn't detect Wi-spy

Hi,

Chanalyzer Pro (1.2.4.41), installed on Windows 7 64-bit, isn't able to detect the wi-spy, which plugged in while the program is running, and each variant on this.

Chanalyzer Pro displays in the right corner of the bottom of your screen the following message: "No Wi-spy devices".

Left on the screen, by 'Waterfall' and 'Sessions', my wi-spy device is not showed.

The wi-spy is shown in 'Device Manager' as "Hid-apparaat" (device) and is correct installed.

The Chanalyzer Pro doesn't want to make a connection with the Wi-spy and I already tried to completely uninstalled Chanalyzer Pro and reinstalled, or remove the Wi-Spy in "Device Manager" but that didn't resolve the problem. Also I haven't found the answer on google.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	debug.png 
Views:	369 
Size:	170.8 KB 
ID:	771

Any ideas?

With kind regards,
    Last edited by stiegro; 04-03-2019 at 04:38 PM. Reason: attached an image

2. Default

Which Wi-Spy are you using? If the Wi-Spy doesn't have an external antenna it won't work with Chanalyzer Pro... Email us at support and we will help you figure this out.

Apparently I was using an old Wi-Spy device (see pic below). It doesn't work perfect with version 4 of Chanalyzer, or with Chanalyer Pro.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wi-spy-main.jpg 
Views:	340 
Size:	5.0 KB 
ID:	788

Using Chanalyzer 2.1.7 solved the problem.

It works perfect.
    Last edited by stiegro; 04-03-2019 at 04:39 PM.