Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 8 Pro and InSSIDer

Default Windows 8 Pro and InSSIDer

Found nothing searching WRT Windows 8 and InSIDDer. Has anyone tried InSSIDer with Win8? Yes? What happened? What about when using compatibility mode on Win8? I am aware that the product page for InSSIDer does not list Win8 as being supported.

Hi Znod,

At this time, we do not officially support Windows 8. That said, we have successfully used it in Windows 8 virtual machines. If you run into trouble, try compatibility mode. We also don't have a version of inSSIDer for Windows 8 RT, since the processor architecture is different.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

How can you not support Windows 8? .. and it doesn't work on mine with compatibility mode.

Hi Talormanda,

We will support Windows 8 as soon as possible. What problem do you have when you attempt to run it? Let me know, thanks!
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Hi!

Windows 8 problems here too.

I have tried to install inSSIDer and Chanalyzer but they both stop at the beginning of the installation with the message:

"There is a problem with this Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor"

I have tried this on two different Windows 8 installations. No luck. Same problem!
    It seems there is some compatibility problems with the installer and Windows 8.

Strange, because I just installed inSSIDer on my Windows 8 Pro (32-bit) and it works perfectly.

I found this installer link to work with Win8
    SoftonicDownloader_for_inssider.exe

Moderator Edit: Thanks for posting this boynybob, but the link appears to be broken. Also, we don't recommend downloading inSSIDer from anywhere other than MetaGeek, as third-party installers often contain malware.
    Last edited by Joel; 02-25-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dauzz View Post
    Windows 8 problems here too.
    Are you attempting to install inSSIDer on Windows 8, or Windows RT (which won't run inSSIDer)?
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

I have tried both V2 and V3.. Getting error 2502 and 2503 on both...

Quote Originally Posted by Wjwolf View Post
    I have tried both V2 and V3.. Getting error 2502 and 2503 on both...
    Send us a copy of the error report, or a screenshot. You can reach us at support@metageek.net. Thanks!
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast