Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Windows 8 Pro and InSSIDer

  1. #11

    Default

    inSSIDer 2.1.6.1395 Working perfectly under Win8 64 bit on a Lenovo x61 laptop that shipped with XP 32

  2. #12

    Default

    Ditto on W8 64bit on Samsung 5 series.

  3. #13

    Default

    Should say I'm trying the Beta version! 3.0.4.37

  4. #14

    Default

    I have installed it with no issues on my Windows 8 ElitePad but if I have the screen in Portrait or Landscape mode it cuts off the bottom or side and there does not seem a way of resizing it so it fits. I have attached a screenshot, any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (10).png 
Views:	287 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	871

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JHM72 View Post
    I have installed it with no issues on my Windows 8 ElitePad but if I have the screen in Portrait or Landscape mode it cuts off the bottom or side and there does not seem a way of resizing it so it fits. I have attached a screenshot, any ideas?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (10).png 
Views:	287 
Size:	232.8 KB 
ID:	871
    Right now, inSSIDer 3 won't fit on a 1280x800 screen if text scaling is enabled. If you switch your Windows text scaling down to 100 percent (the default size), that will fix the problem. We are working on figuring out how we will handle scaling.
    Last edited by Joel; 03-27-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

  6. #16

    Default

    That works great thanks

  7. #17

    Default and netbboks, please...

    Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Right now, inSSIDer 3 won't fit on a 1280x800 screen if text scaling is enabled. If you switch your Windows text scaling down to 100 percent (the default size), that will fix the problem. We are working on figuring out how we will handle scaling.
    While you are at it, please consider that if a tablet is unavailable, the next best thing for walking around checking signals is a netbook. The standard screen resolution there is 1024 x 600, so it would be highly useful if this app would be configured to run on such a machine. With scaling set to 100%, it works OK horizontally but extends beyond the bottom of the display. This could be easily solved with a vertical scroll capability, but it's not there. Please consider that some of your users will only have 600 pixels to work with and the app must fit in that window size to be useful for them.

    When I write software, my working assumption is always that someone is going to try to run my app on an 800 x 600 display and it has to work under those conditions. It just works better with more pixels, but that's a reasonable lower bound.

  8. #18

    Default Keep earlier version available on download page for lo-res units!

    Quote Originally Posted by calast View Post
    While you are at it, please consider that if a tablet is unavailable, the next best thing for walking around checking signals is a netbook. The standard screen resolution there is 1024 x 600, so it would be highly useful if this app would be configured to run on such a machine. With scaling set to 100%, it works OK horizontally but extends beyond the bottom of the display. This could be easily solved with a vertical scroll capability, but it's not there. Please consider that some of your users will only have 600 pixels to work with and the app must fit in that window size to be useful for them.

    When I write software, my working assumption is always that someone is going to try to run my app on an 800 x 600 display and it has to work under those conditions. It just works better with more pixels, but that's a reasonable lower bound.
    Version 3 isn't possible to use on netbook with max 1024x600 and with font size 100% (lower font size isn't possible to choose). Please keep version 2.1 available on the download page too and explain why. Thank you!

    Discovered that 2.x is there for XP. But add information on Win7,8 download that higher resolution is required and that the "XP" version should be used for lo-res displays. That way new users with lo-res units still can be helped and won't be disappointed.
    Last edited by Bosse; 04-21-2013 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Download found. But lack of information!

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by calast View Post
    While you are at it, please consider that if a tablet is unavailable, the next best thing for walking around checking signals is a netbook. The standard screen resolution there is 1024 x 600, so it would be highly useful if this app would be configured to run on such a machine.
    As a netbook enthusiast, I feel your pain here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosse View Post
    Discovered that 2.x is there for XP. But add information on Win7,8 download that higher resolution is required and that the "XP" version should be used for lo-res displays. That way new users with lo-res units still can be helped and won't be disappointed.
    Agreed! We are trying to think of a good way to word things on our downloads page to convey this. For anyone using Windows XP or a screen resolution of less than 1024x768, you'll want to use inSSIDer 2.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

  10. #20

    Default

    Please consider porting InSSIDer for Home to Windows 8.1 RT Metro. InSSIDer for Home is the only app holding me back from using the this efficient OS and the lightweight devices it runs on. I would pay $20 at the drop of a hat.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •