Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LinSSID for Linux

[QUOTE=Warren;20149]
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger32d View Post
    I'm noticing when I hit the dropdown for interface I'm getting: http://d.pr/i/wzEQ

Thanks!!!! What I need desperately right now is feedback on bugs like this.

First guess is that the available wireless ports are being reported in some unusual way. Can you send me the text listing of "/proc/net/wireless"? wseverin (usual symbol) warsev (usual symbol) com. It should look something like this:
    Code:
    Inter-| sta-|   Quality        |   Discarded packets               | Missed | WE
     face | tus | link level noise |  nwid  crypt   frag  retry   misc | beacon | 22
      eth1: 0000    2.  -71.  -95.       0      0      0      3      0        0
     wlan1: 0000   41.  -69.  -256        0      0      0      0    371        0
    Much appreciated!

-Warren

Warren,

when I get back home from this trip I'll do some more testing for you. I'm very interested in seeing where this project goes!

Hi
    thanks for the tool. Works fine but for two issues. I' m running Ubuntu 12.04 on a laptop with Centrino Wireless-N 1000,
    also a usb AWUS036H. LinSSID (v1.9) starts and detects what interface is already connected. If neither i just get a message:
    Unable to continue. No wireless interfaces found. My iwconfig when not connected:

Code:
     **********:~$ iwconfig
    wlan2     IEEE 802.11bg  ESSID:off/any  
              Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Power Management:off

lo        no wireless extensions.

wlan0     IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:off/any  
              Mode:Managed  Access Point: Not-Associated   Tx-Power=14 dBm   
              Retry  long limit:7   RTS thr:off   Fragment thr:off
              Power Management:off

eth0      no wireless extensions.
    Also the WEP open AP's are shown as Protocol-none Cipher-unknown while the WPA-TKIP as WEP-TKIP !
    No pro with WPA2 TKIP or AES.
    Any more info i' ll gladly provide.

Hi guys,

I'm late to this party - big fan of inSSIDer for Windows, but have recently put Linux Mint 14 on my netbook. I've installed LinSSID, and the program starts fine, but after I click "Run" and enter my password for Root, the program just seems to close/crash with no error messages or indications as to why?

I would love to get this software working as it's nice having scanning software!

Any help would be appreciated!

Apologies if this is a stupid question - I've just joined these forums.

Am I right in thinking that inSSIDer2 for Linux is not recommended? The Metageek web page describes it as an alpha release and all the files in the download page were uploaded two years ago. I'm guessing that development on it stopped at some stage.

Graham

*BUMP*

Sorry to bump this thread, but I was just curious if anybody could provide me with any help about my previous post...?

Quote Originally Posted by grahamt View Post
    The Metageek web page describes it as an alpha release and all the files in the download page were uploaded two years ago. I'm guessing that development on it stopped at some stage. Graham
    We aren't currently developing inSSIDer for Linux, which makes LinSSID a welcome addition!

Quote Originally Posted by darkstrike View Post
    I've installed LinSSID, and the program starts fine, but after I click "Run" and enter my password for Root, the program just seems to close/crash with no error messages or indications as to why?
    Try simplifying your password to just use alphanumeric characters. I had some issues with special characters in my password at first, but I think Warren fixed it. If that doesn't work, we much want to run strace on it to see what we get back.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Hi Joel! Thanks for the reply...I've used inSSIDer on Windows for years (and the Linux Alpha a few times too!), so I wanted to give LinSSID a try!

As it stands, my password IS using all alphanumeric characters....some numbers, capitals and lower case letters. Would password length matter? Just to clarify - the password it asks for IS the password for Root, right?

As for strace, I'm a bit of a command-line newbie in Linux, so you'd have to give me a step-by-step on that one!

Hi! Hate to bump this thread, but did anybody have any ideas how to get LinSSID working from my earlier post?

I ran an strace - the outcome seems to be a segmentation fault...?

Hi Joel!

I'm sorry:

GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net precise Release: ....................... NO_PUBKEY 55E2097C08E6D617

(My Linux: Xubuntu 12.04)

I'm sorry, my Xubuntu Linux resultat:

GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net precise Release: .............: NO_PUBKEY 55E2097C08E6D617

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast