Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LinSSID for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by darkstrike View Post
    Hi! Hate to bump this thread, but did anybody have any ideas how to get LinSSID working from my earlier post?

I ran an strace - the outcome seems to be a segmentation fault...?
    Hey darkstrike,

Sorry I've been a little slow to respond. Can you post up the segmentation fault (or even better, put it up on PasteBin and give us a link), because I'll bet Warren would like to see it.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    Hey darkstrike,

Sorry I've been a little slow to respond. Can you post up the segmentation fault (or even better, put it up on PasteBin and give us a link), because I'll bet Warren would like to see it.
    Thanks Joel,

No worries, I understand you guys have paid work to deal with!

Never used PasteBin before, so hope this is right! I copied everything in the terminal window, but I think it missed some at the top:

http://pastebin.com/LVf9eThn

Quote Originally Posted by darkstrike View Post
    Thanks Joel,

No worries, I understand you guys have paid work to deal with!

Never used PasteBin before, so hope this is right! I copied everything in the terminal window, but I think it missed some at the top:

http://pastebin.com/LVf9eThn
    Perfect! Now let's give Warren a few days to see this.
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Sure, thanks for the help!

I find tools like LinSSID and inSSIDer very handy, so if I can get something similar working, that'll be great!

I'm happy to report that LinSSID was successfully installed in Peppermint 3 (based on Ubuntu 12.04) following the instructions given by Joel and now runs happily on this 10-year old PC, hitting barely 3% CPU in the task manager! Well done! BTW, the data provided for the neighborhood wifi routers are identical with those provided by InSSIDer 2 for Windows (checked those a few minutes ago), so I take it that LinSSID is accurate, too.
    If I may suggest something, there should be a way to verify the signature, for, when updating, I got the message "W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net precise Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 55E2097C08E6D617". Nevertheless, when I subsequently issued the command to install LinSSID, it installed OK, save for a warning about the LinSSID not being authenticated. I suppose something like that could be a bit worrisome for some users.

One "stupid" question... How do I compile and run LinSSID on my Fedora 17 box?

I have downloaded the source from http://sourceforge.net/projects/lins...ar.gz/download and don't know how to run it

Thanks for your help and looking forward to test the software!

Quote Originally Posted by andrejt View Post
    One "stupid" question... How do I compile and run LinSSID on my Fedora 17 box?
    This guide about compiling and building from source might be useful to you!
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

I have now managed to start the compiling process, but it gets stucked at :

[...]
    g++ -Wl,-O1 -Wl,-z,relro -o dist/Release/linssid build/Release/Getter.o build/Release/main.o build/Release/MainForm.o build/Release/prefsDialog.o build/Release/AboutBox.o build/Release/passBox.o build/Release/moc_passBox.o build/Release/moc_Getter.o build/Release/moc_AboutBox.o build/Release/moc_prefsDialog.o build/Release/moc_MainForm.o -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a /usr/lib/libqwt.so -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread
    g++: error: /usr/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a: No such file or directory
    make: *** [dist/Release/linssid] Error 1
    [andrej@sutka-nb linssid-1.9]$

I have the package boost-regex-1.48.0-14.fc17.i686 installed.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by andrejt; 05-06-2013 at 06:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by andrejt View Post
    Any ideas?
    None here, but you might want to go try a Linux forum. You might be able to get this specific problem figured out with some expert assistance.
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Hi All happy to say that i have Linssid up running for a few months great work. The results are similar to Inssider on windows.
    I will run some testing during next week provide a feedback.

I am running 1.8.1.6 on opensuse 12.3 but when i start it --d mode and type the root password it get get those entries

sudo: iwlist: command not found
    sudo: iwlist: command not found

A few post back it was mentioned that is the special character bug was fixed in which version has this fix been checked in.

thanks in advance

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast