Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: LinSSID for Linux

Quote Originally Posted by gameon View Post
    Hi All happy to say that i have Linssid up running for a few months great work. The results are similar to Inssider on windows.
    I will run some testing during next week provide a feedback.

I am running 1.8.1.6 on opensuse 12.3 but when i start it --d mode and type the root password it get get those entries

sudo: iwlist: command not found
    sudo: iwlist: command not found

A few post back it was mentioned that is the special character bug was fixed in which version has this fix been checked in.

thanks in advance
    Can you 'sudo iwlist' on your own? Perhaps iwlist is missing?
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

There's a serious issue with the Linux edition. When you lose reception to an AP the graph ends. But then when it finds the AP again the line draws straight between where there should be a gap.

Quote Originally Posted by jocke92 View Post
    There's a serious issue with the Linux edition. When you lose reception to an AP the graph ends. But then when it finds the AP again the line draws straight between where there should be a gap.
    Thanks for posting the issue! We haven't heard from Warren (our friend on the forums who developed LinSSID over a weekend) in a while, but when he has time, I'm sure he'll get in here to fix some of these issues.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    The instructions you reference describes how to compile with using configure and make. The source code at sourceforge does not include a configure script or a makefile. You cannot use that guide to help teach someone how to compile and run from the source code!

Further, when I try to compile each .ccp file manually, I am unable to do so because, for example, main.cpp makes reference to a "ui_MainForm.h" file to include as it compiles, which doesn't exist.

I am running Kali Linux, and I have tried installing it using the Debian package, but I have a dependency problem and says that it requires libc6 >= 2.14, even though it says that the version of libc6:amd64 that I am running on the system is 2.13-38.

Would love to get this working on my system but I can't seem to get the Debian package working, and there are no clear instructions for compiling within the Readme. That seems like that should've been included as standard.

Thanks,
    Mark

Yes what mark said above! Can you please stop hogging this amazing program all to yourself! I can't use ubuntu or debian I use Fedora and there is just no way I can figure out how to compile this program I've tried studying gcc and stuff for hours on end googling countless days for answers, asking on the official sourceforge page to no avail.

Could someone please just post detailed instructions on how to get this thing compiled? I beg you...

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Shaw View Post
    Yes what mark said above! Can you please stop hogging this amazing program all to yourself! I can't use ubuntu or debian I use Fedora and there is just no way I can figure out how to compile this program I've tried studying gcc and stuff for hours on end googling countless days for answers, asking on the official sourceforge page to no avail.

Could someone please just post detailed instructions on how to get this thing compiled? I beg you...
    It's quite easy to compile under Fedora, you have to do a little prep work first though..
    Firstly you need some dependencies that will be needed to build so go ahead and install them:

yum install gcc-c++ qt-devel qwt-devel boost-devel

Then you need to cd into the source dir and run:

qmake-qt4

After that there will be a Makefile generated but you need to edit a few things inside,
    I'll highlight in bold the changes to be made:

CC = gcc
    CXX = g++
    LIBS = $(SUBLIBS) -L/usr/lib /usr/lib/libboost_regex-mt.so /usr/lib/libqwt.so -lQtGui -lQtCore -lpthread

Then you may run the make command as usual and it should compile without issues, once finished it will output the
    binary to dist/Release/linssid which I've found works fine when run as root but does not accept the root password
    when run as a normal user (probably because I don't have my normal user in /etc/sudoers as I never use sudo).

Tested on Fedora 19 i386 but should be fine for x86_64 (might have to change the line
    for libboost_regex if it's in /usr/lib64 or something). Or maybe replacing the whole path
    /usr/lib/libboost_regex-mt.a with -lboost_regex might work.

Regards,
    Jinx
    Last edited by Jinxware; 09-06-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Hi,
    Installed LinSSID for the first time, from .deb package.
    When I start, I get the password box. Enter my account password and click OK.

But then I get the Error Message:
    "Unable to continue. Cannot find interface pipe"

Clues, anyone?
    I'm using the WiFi interface while trying to launch LinSSID. Would that be a problem?

LinSSID seems to work fine when I choose my laptop's internal 2.4ghz wireless adapter, but crashes immediately if I choose an external USB dual-band adapter and select the 5ghz range. Any ideas why? Cheers, Al

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234