Thread: Wifi problem

Default Wifi problem

Hello,

Excuse me but my english is very bad
    I have a problem with my wifi infrastucture.
    Can you help me ?

i have put a wsx file for details.

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi,

It looks like you have lots and lots and lots of access points, and they are all very close to each other. You could either disable a few to thin the air out, or just turn the power down on each access point.

I'm also seeing an 802.11b network pop up every now and then, which is blasting the spectrum! One of your networks (or a network nearby) is using DSSS, which is the modulation scheme used by 802.11b. Here's a comparison between 802.11b and 802.11g at my house. As you can see, the 802.11b is overpowering the 802.11g network, even though it's closer!

802.11b is loud, and it's pretty bad about causing interference across the spectrum. Disable 802.11b compatibility on your access points and see if the problem goes away. If not, there may be a rouge 802.11b access point causing the problem.

Hint: 802.11b modulation is indicated with a bump shape in inSSIDer and Chanalyzer. 802.11g/a modulation is indicated with a flat table-top shape, just like their real-world spectrum analysis counterparts.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek

are you generating traffic on any channel 6 network from the laptop you are capturing? looks like that on that spikes of utilization

Quote Originally Posted by chechito View Post
    are you generating traffic on any channel 6 network from the laptop you are capturing? looks like that on that spikes of utilization
    Nope, just channel 1 and channel 6.
    Joel, Mobility+, ECSE, CWNE #233
    Technical Trainer
    MetaGeek